Plagiarize

E

EricBess

Plagiarize
3U
Until end of turn, if target player would draw a card, instead that player skips that draw and you draw a card.

Am I the only one that see's this card as potentially devistating?

Alone - Card advantage. During your upkeep I will Plagiarize you. You skip your draw step and Plagiarize is a cantrip. Hmmm... an expensive Opt variant? Still, I get another card and you have to go with what is in your hand.

But now, let's start thinking about a few little creatures to go with this. Namely, Mr. Looter and Mr. Broker (or, Mr. even more Broker now than before).

Works like this: During your upkeep I will Plagiarize you. We've seen that before....Okay, now that that resolves, I will activate Looter, targeting....You! Did I mention that I would draw your card for you? Go ahead and discard, though. Wouldn't want to rob you of that pleasure. Do the same with Broker... I'll draw 2. What? Only 1 card in hand? Well, go ahead and discard as many as you can...

All blue, all the time....

L

Lotus Mox

it'S also wacky in response to Brainstorm or TImetwister :)

and Holistic Wisdom + Plagiarize is a nice soft lock.

But cute tricks aside I prefer Fact or Fiction as a 4cc card drawer.

D

Dune Echo

Credit CHA1N5 with this one, but if you Plagiarize a Contract from Below, the Contract from Below player must discard their hand, ante a card, and you draw 7 cards for 3U. Also, it kinda fits in the possible realism (unlike Firebreathing on a Water Elemental, if you know what I mean now) that you can Plagiarize a Contract from Below and a Stroke of Genius.

The worst part is this: CHA1N5 has already added it to his deck and I have to play him soon... BUGGER! :)

M

Mikeymike

I can't see how Plagiarize isn't going to be abused by someone.

The Broker combo is just downright cruel.

In type 2 I also like it with:
Whirlpool Warrior (cruel and unusual)
Howling Mine (not great but could work)
Anti Phyrexian Arena
Teferi's Puzzle Box (which will probably need an errata b/c someone is going to abuse the crap out of this)

Casual
Windfall
Indentured Djinn
Malignant Growth (haha!)
Arcane Denial

C

Captain Caveman

Well, Mikeymike already beat me to it but............

a R/U Merfolk deck packing those Whirlpool rares and Coliseums could be fun.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

How would Plagiarize work with Flux? If both players choose how many cards they'll discard and draw before it resolves, you can cast Plagiarize in response.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I believe the decision on how many cards to discard and draw is determined upon resolution, not announcement. So you can't cast Plagiarize after Flux.

You can cast it before Flux though.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

If Flux works that way, then the opponent will just draw and discard none. That's pointless.
Oh well. :(

Originally posted by Mikeymike
Malignant Growth (haha!)
The opponent won't take the damage, unfortunately. Still, it's a good combination.

T

theorgg

During a 5-game when somone cast a Time Twister against me(more on that when I get my report written), a friend of both of us put Plagerise on the table all casual-like...

My opponent remarked "that would have been fourteen non-land cards for him... MAN I wish I had *******!

(*** to keep the supprise in my report.)