Plagerism

• Thread starter FoundationOfRancor
  • Start date
F

FoundationOfRancor

Plagerism
Whenever a spell comes into play, all Oppenents of the owner of the spell may look through there library for a copy of the spell played and put it into play.

What should this card be? Obviously an enchantment, but what color? Casting cost? Heres an suggestion.

Plagerism U (Because the only time you would use this is if in the mirror match, and it benefits your oppenent as well)
Enchantment
Whenever a spell comes into play, all Oppenents of the owner of the spell may look through there library for a copy of the spell played and put it into play.

Or should the cards be brought to hand?

Your thoughts? Your comments? Your predictions?

D

DÛke

What the heck is that man?
It's cool, it's cool, it just don't "cut it":).

Besides, what do you mean, "whenever a spell is put into play"?
Sorceries and Instants, for one little example, don't "come into play", so does it effect them? AND, the card is kind of too weak, unless you're playing Blue with Soothsaying or something. Rarely will you play a spell, and the top of your library be a "copy" of that spell. Ra-rely:).

I understand what your trying to do, so here, maybe, a better version?

____
Plagerism 3U
Enchantement
Whenever an Enchantement or a Creature card comes to play from your hand, look at the top X cards of your library, where X is that permenant's total mana cost. Put all copies of that permenant into play, shuffle the rest back into your library.
____

This version 'might' be better.
It costs 3 more, since, there is a bigger chance for the permenants to come to play. Sure, it is still not that effective, but, that's the key now. LATE game, this card would be very cool. Imagen, casting a Morphling, and surfing the top 5 cards of your deck for all Morphees, and putting them into play? Or, playing an Avatar of Will! That would, almost for sure, make you put ANOTHER Avatar into play. This card can't be broken for one reason: and that is that it depends on the "quality" of your spells. The higher the casting cost, the more chances you'll get. That's the startegy for this card.
There, is that better, or worse FoR?
Comments? Complaints? Flames? I do them all...

[Edited by DÛke on October 4th, 2000 at 11:41 AM]

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I would agree with DUke in that if the intent is "come into play" then the wording should be "permanents". But you should clarify if they have to come from your hand or if you intend for recursion/graveyard/library effects.

Casting cost should probably be at least 4 cc since it's a "global" effect for all players. Don't know what color though.

D

DÛke

I corrected my card, AND my spelling errors, JUST for you:).
Anyway, the card looks really neat, and I think it should be Blue, since, Blue is the color that "looks through decks", right?
Ok, there...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
My comments were just to the idea in general, or FoR's original one. I thought your take on it was pretty good (and I didn't say anything about your spelling! :))

I wonder how much of a difference it would make if it were 2UU than 3U?

What about artifacts?

Back to FoR's original idea, I guess you'd have to play-test it to see if it needs your (DUke's) additional requirement of converted mana cost rather than just simply searching for a permanent and putting it in play.

For FoR, I'd probably add "shuffle library" like DUke did.

F

FoundationOfRancor

Plagerism U
Enchantment
Whenever a spell is cast, all oppenents of the owner of that spell may look through their library for a copy of the spell played, and cast it for free. All player shuffle
their librarys afterwards.

Meaning, if I play a brainstorm, my oppenent my look through his entire library for a brainstorm card and play it (for free).

VERY fun and good sidebaord card.

Now that i have made mt idea clear, waht do you guys think?

[Edited by FoundationOfRancor on October 4th, 2000 at 10:20 PM]

F

FoundationOfRancor

Variations:

Should a mana cost be payed? Like "Put this card into play only if you pay 2" or soemthing like that?

Should it cost 3U? 2UU?

Should it have artifice?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Now that we're getting more into the meat of things, someone else (Istanbul, Apollo, Duel, etc) might be better at checking this but I would have to say for ONE mana that's a powerful effect. So my suggestions would be:

Up the cc to at least 4.

The opponents playing the copy spell for free seems pretty generous. I would say some sort of cost needs to be there (life loss, mana, whatever)

Basically every turn the opponents get to look through their library for free. I don't know if that's really a big deal but with enough library manipulation... maybe a penalty of some type needs to be tacked on if the opponents DON'T cast a copy spell (life loss, discard hand, whatever).

Those are my impressions so far...

B

Baskil

Plagarism Enchantment 1U
Whenever a spell is played, each opponent of the spell's caster may search their library for a copy of the card played. Reveal each card to all players and put in their owner's hands.

When a player plays a spell that was already played that turn, that player may pay 3. If not, counter the spell.

"A copy of a copy just isn't as sharp"

F

FoundationOfRancor

Well, heres my reasoning for the 1cc casting cost;

This card would only be used as a sideboard card in mirror match. Therefore both decks would have the same types of cards. So basically, whenever you cast a spell, you have to calculate in that your oppenent will *also* get to cast it. The same reasoning applies to your oppenet.

It makes sense, but I think it is pretty broken at U. I think 3U or maybe 3UU would work. Also, it should be changed to

Plagerism 3U
Enchantment
Whenever a spell is cast *from a hand* , all oppenents of the owner of that spell may look through their library for a copy of the spell played, and cast it for free. All players shuffle their librarys afterwards.

Also, if this abilitie is too good, Baskills version is still good.