Peter Parker plays Magic!

A

arhar

In one of the scenes in the "Spiderman" movie, they show his room, and he has an Invasion poster on his wall :D

Actually, it's kinda sad, really.... They obviously done it just to enforce the stereotype that only geeks play Magic. :(

S

Sammy Dead-O

Heheh. I noticed it too...opening night of the movie, a packed house, and I get excited when I see the poster and start to point it out to my girlfriend. And she...apparently already reading into it what you realized about its connotations of geekdom...just nodded and said something like, "Yep...he is a dork, after all."

So...I Firebolted her in my mind and then immediately flashed it back. Nobody implies that I'm a dork and gets away with it...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Haven't seen the movie yet, but I don't think they're trying to say "only geeks play Magic", just that "this particular geek plays". In other words, they're reinforcing that he's a geek and a social outcast and to set up why turning into a hero changes his life ;)

R

rakso

Look...

Wouldn't YOU play Magic to get to kiss Kirsten Dunst upside down?

(Sorry... green-eyed redheads are a rarity in Asia.)

R

rakso

A kiss is still a kiss. :p

So how many redhead bombshells have you kissed in the last week, Spidey?

R

Rando

Counting myself in that rare 10% of the world's population, once drowned at birth for being witches or who's birth fortelled a coming doom, I can only say that red-heads secretly rule the world in our hidden lair, filled with levers, buttons and gears and whistles.

Ron Howard is our lord.

He shall be king.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
The redheads will rule? RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!!!!!!

*Ransac hides in his pillow fort.*

I agree with rakso. If I had a chance to press lips with Kirsten Dunst, I'd take it. Because I knew if she had a chance to kiss me, she'd be all over me. :D

Yo, Spidey.......getting any royalties? :p

Ransac, cpa trash man

R

Rando

Will rule?

We do rule. We're just all secret agent like in our stealthyness.

Each one of us is an agent of R.E.D.

Redheads for Earth's Domination.

Soon the puppet regimes that we control with the aforementioned levers and buttons will crumble, and our good lord Ronnny Howard will take his rightful place.

Tremble, plain-haired fools....

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by rakso
So how many redhead bombshells have you kissed in the last week, Spidey?
Well, if my wife dyed her hair too, that would be one :p

No royalties yet, but when they start coming, I hope to buy more Magic cards (gotta keep up the image) :)

I

Istanbul

Peter Parker's top 5 favorite Magic cards:

1. Web
2. Spider Climb
3. Tangle
4. Canopy Spider
5. Tivadar's Crusade (destroys all goblins)

A

arhar

Originally posted by Spiderman
Haven't seen the movie yet, but I don't think they're trying to say "only geeks play Magic", just that "this particular geek plays". In other words, they're reinforcing that he's a geek and a social outcast and to set up why turning into a hero changes his life ;)
Right. So basically, Sam Raimi (or whoever) said "What's the best way to show that Peter Parker is a geek with no life? Hey, how about a M:TG poster on his wall? That shall do the job!" I personally find that very sad :(

A

arhar

Originally posted by Istanbul
Peter Parker's top 5 favorite Magic cards:

1. Web
2. Spider Climb
3. Tangle
4. Canopy Spider
5. Tivadar's Crusade (destroys all goblins)
AHAHAHHAHA!!!

T

theorgg

Uhh... I've heard that Sam Rami actually plays Magic on occasion. I saw on the Dojo about four years ago(when I first started getting online) about Jason Alexander and Sam Rami playing Magic...

If I remember correctly; however, I believe that I am.

I personally think that its really cool.:D

How many people will actually recognise it?

Does it closeup on the Magic: The Gathering part of the poster? I seriously doubt it. Anyone remember the D&D at the beginning of E.T? How many D&Ders complained back then?

How many did it over the internet?

How many owned a computer?

O.K. Nevermind that point...

To quote George Lucas
"If the [internet] had been invented at that point, people would have been complaining about Ewoks and Jabba the Hut the same way they complained about Jar-Jar."
(taken from a Newsweek froma bout two weeks ago)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by arhar

Right. So basically, Sam Raimi (or whoever) said "What's the best way to show that Peter Parker is a geek with no life? Hey, how about a M:TG poster on his wall? That shall do the job!" I personally find that very sad :(
Hey, I'm just saying it helps with the image, it doesn't (or shouldn't) make the image all by itself. But the pocket protectors/taped glasses is SO 80's... ;)

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
The redheads DO rule? AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! RUN FOR THE HILLS AGAIN!!!!!

*Ransac hides in his bigger pillow fort.*

Ransac, cpa trash man

R

rakso

Hey look.

1. Peter Parker plays Magic.
2. Peter Parker gets super powers.
3. Peter Parker gets to kiss the hell out of Kirsten Dunst.

I wouldn't be ashamed to play Magic with that kind of advertising... :p I wouldn't even care if I wore pocket protectors like Spidey here (CPA's Spidey, not that buff guy who got to kiss MJ).

Until they make the next Zhang Ziyi movie, I'm afraid redheads do rule. ;)

(Shameless plug: Vote Oscar --> http://www.ccgprime.com/events/writerwar/poola.html)

R

rakso

Five bucks says our Spidey has already taped an 8 x 10 glossy of Tobey Maguire to his bathroom mirror... ;)