Pavarotti Dies at age 71

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Yeah, even though I'm a baritone and I love to rag on the tenors a lot, my industry will mourn greatly for this.

This has been a horrible summer for the world of operatic greats, losing so many stars.

Jerry Hadley, committing suicide after a battle with depression. Regine Crespin, passing away after a long life and long career. Beverly Sills, one of the most famous names of our industry, succumbing to cancer after becoming ill.

But Luciano is in a different vein. Pavarotti, passing away from his fight with pancreatic cancer, had brought opera to the masses and crossed over into the popular realm. He became an icon, a presence that was known by all. A man who had his big break filling in for one of the biggest tenors of the previous era (Giuseppe di Stefano) and making his Met debut at the request of Dame Joan Sutherland.

While I shall eventually continue to make some cheap cracks and jokes about tenors and Pavarotti (I have a great/horrible tatto joke), the world and I will truly miss this man.

Ransac, cpa trash man

T

train

I saw this and thought about you Ransac... It is sad to know he'll be gone... My daughter is into music now (orchestra) and I don't think she had the chance to hear him...

Will have to make sure she does...

D

DarthFerret

I, too, heard about this event on the radio this morning, and immediately I thought of you as well Ransac. We all grieve this loss with you (even those of us who know nothing of cuturally classic music).