Pariah's Shield+Order of the Stars

Discussion in 'Rules Questions' started by Homestar, Jun 18, 2006.

1. Homestar Who invited this guy?

2. Oversoul The Tentacled One

That depends on how you think it works, now, doesn't it?
  3. Nightstalkers Creature — Nightstalker

Redirection.

So long as the damage you're taking shares a color with whatever color the Order of the Stars has protection from it'll stay alive and thusly you won't take damage.

Please keep in mind that you can't redirect a loss of life. I.E. Ambitions Cost, and anything that says you "lose" life.
  4. Lythand Veteran CPA Member

Could not of said it better. You are actually better off putting it on the Rainbow horse (not sure of the real name) where you tap two to give it a pro color, or a Mother of Runes, so you can make it pro color of the damage. Just as long there isnt any changes in damage color.

One of the greater things about magic nowadays is the fact that for ever combo, there is a combo killer.
  5. Limited Yes, but we won't care

Knight of Dawn

Voice of all would be nice too.. or Phytohydra. Or Cho-Manno Revolutionary.
  6. Homestar Who invited this guy?

Oh ok. Gotcha.

I thought whatever you had it on had to have pro artifacts becuase the damage is being redirected to the equipped creature through an artifact, but thats cool.
  7. Nightstalkers Creature — Nightstalker

Color doesn't change unless the artifact says it changes.

It acts like a mirror, a normal mirror will reflect the light from one creature onto your equipped creature keeping the color the same.

Now if Pariah's Shield said something like... "As long as Pariah's Shield is equipped, prevent all damage to you and deal X damage to equipped creature. Where X is the amount of damage prevented." Then the creature would have to have protection from artifacts because the shield would be beating the crap out of the creature, not your opponent's mess.
  8. DarthFerret Evil Sith Weasel

That is why I loved the Vetrans Bodyguard + Mother of Runes Combo. As long as they do not force you to block, you can be virtually invincible from critters!
  9. Ferret CPA Founder, Slacker

Oh, that's a nice combo, but why not make it interesting and throw it on a Mogg Maniac!

-Ferret

"Hmmm...it would even make Sorrow's Path semi-usable :)"