Pack hunt, Chimeric Idol

Discussion in 'Rules Questions' started by Duel, Sep 9, 2000.

1. rkoelsch Angel Boy

I was following this thread and I could see merit to both sides. I am glad I am not a judge. This would have killed me.
  2. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Methinks I concur with CT. Has anyone (like Duel, since he brought up the thread) actually built a deck around this combo?
  3. Gizmo Composite: 1860

I admit I immediately had some second thoughts about my original ruling when somebody pointed out that the Idols ion your deck aren`t creatures. But I think it still works.

So long as the Idol that is in play is a creature for Pack Hunt to target the Pack Hunt will then only look at card names as it searches through your library. Cards in your library are never creatures anyway, but spells, so the card type is irrelevent for the searching side of the card.
  4. dw51688 The Mad Scientist

So generally, is the answer yes or no?
  5. Mundungu grumpier than ever

Lets say you have Karn silver Golem in play.

You could make an artefact a creature for 1 and then search for copies of that artefact by playing pack hunt...

Mmmmmhhh Pack hunt seems better by the minute ...
  6. dw51688 The Mad Scientist

okay. Thanks.
  7. Lythand Veteran CPA Member

I guess your right P.J.

That would explain why if you animate land, then Eradicate it, you could remove all the lands of that type.

How about animate land and Pack hunt it?
  8. Duel Has Less Posts Than Spiderman

I think Pack hunt loooks for creatures in you library. If the cards in your library aren't creatures, then it shouldn't bring them out....

BTW, Eradicate says "Remove all copies of the card" but does NOT specify creatures. Pack hunt does.
  9. Lythand Veteran CPA Member

Duel:

Interesting..thanks
  10. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Gotta disagree with Duel here; it's just like the original question. If you Animate a land you can then Pack Hunt for it; whether it's a creature type doesn't make any difference.

Based on the above discussion on the Idol... 'cause the Idol's not a "creature" either in your deck, it's an artifact. Yet you can still search for it... so based on that, you can search for lands.
  11. Namielus Phrexian Plaguelord

Ok duel YOUR WRONG, and this post doesn't need to be this long the question has been anwered many time and I will repeat it cause it seems you need the guildance.

All creature cards in play are called creature, but creature is anything that has a power and a toughness. Now A creature card is a card that says 'summon creature' and then says the type of creature card it is. Artifact creature count as creature cards also. If a card says search your library for a creature card you cannot grab say a chimeric idol. If the card says you can search for a copy of target creature (in play), you can grab any copy of that card be it a land, an artifact, or an enchantment.

Will that stop the questions?
    (do not answer that smart a$$es)
  12. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

No need to get nasty or derogative; let's keep it cordial :rolleyes:
  13. Zadok001 CPA Founder, Greater Good

Agreed. Namielus, he asked a question. About rules. On the Rules board. Explain to me how this is a Bad Thing(tm)? That's what you're _supposed_ to do on these boards. Calm down.
  14. Lythand Veteran CPA Member

And I thought I was the only one..HAHAH!!
  15. Adso_dMelk Abbot of Wooded Mountains

Namielus, you disappoint me.

I thought that cpa would be the difference in Magic's forums, but people like you tear the standard down to the same old ground.

to the forum:

I'll ask at wizards.com about this subject.
  16. Duel Has Less Posts Than Spiderman

Okay, I admit defeat, it works. My brother should know I would've WON that game!

Ever have a rules answer that just didn't make sense? that shouldn't work? This is mine.