Oversoul's Draft: Jigglypuff vs. Spiderman

J

Jigglypuff

Okay, I'm ready. How do we decide who goes first? Actually, you can go first if you want.

(- Steve -)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
We should probably go through the motions... I would like to go second as I had to mulligan twice so that's probably affecting my decision :)

Call Heads or Tails.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I flipped Heads, so I will indeed choose to go second.

Good luck!

Jigglypuff: 20
Hand: 7
Library: ?
In Play:
Graveyard:
RFG:

Spiderman: 20
Hand: 5
In Play:
Graveyard:
RFG:

L

Limited

Spiderman said:
We should probably go through the motions... I would like to go second as I had to mulligan twice so that's probably affecting my decision :)

Call Heads or Tails.
You actually have to say whether you want to play or draw before you see your cards, and thus before you can take any mulligans.

:D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Ugh... right. That's why I wished Jigglypuff won the toss...

So how about you randomly determine for me, Limited. YOU have the power to choose whether I play or draw! :D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Greeaaat... thanks...

I mulligan twice as noted before.

Island, Shaper Guildmage, Done.

In Play:
Graveyard:
RFG:

Hand: 3
Library: 35
In Play:

(T) Island

(S) Shaper Guildmage (1/1, W, T: target creature gains first strike ueot. B, T: target creature gets +1/+0 ueot)

Graveyard:
RFG:

J

Jigglypuff

Alright then, I shall lay a Swamp and be done. I have 32 cards in my library.

Library: 32
In Play:
Swamp

Graveyard:
RFG:

Library: 35
In Play:

(T) Island

(S) Shaper Guildmage (1/1, W, T: target creature gains first strike ueot. B, T: target creature gets +1/+0 ueot)

Graveyard:
RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw, attack with the Guildmage for 1, Plains, Angelic Page, Done.

Jigglypuff: 20 (19?)
In Play:

(U) Swamp

Graveyard:
RFG:

Hand: 2
Library: 34
In Play:

(T) Island
(T) Plains

(T) Shaper Guildmage (1/1, W, T: target creature gains first strike ueot. B, T: target creature gets +1/+0 ueot)
(S) Angelic Page (1/1, flying, T: target attacking or blocking creature gets +1/+1 ueot)

Graveyard:
RFG:

J

Jigglypuff

Alright, no blocks. I'm at 19. I'll draw my card and lay another Swamp. I'll tap both Swamps and lay a Cuombajj Witches. Done after that.

Jigglypuff: 19
Hand: 6
Library: 31
In Play:

(T,T) Swamp x2
(S) Cuombajj Witches (1/3, T: deals one damage to a target of my choice and to a target of an opponent's choice)

Graveyard:
RFG:

Library: 34
In Play:

(T) Island
(T) Plains

(T) Shaper Guildmage (1/1, W, T: target creature gains first strike ueot. B, T: target creature gets +1/+0 ueot)
(S) Angelic Page (1/1, flying, T: target attacking or blocking creature gets +1/+1 ueot)

Graveyard:
RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You've got to be kidding... so much for my "army"...

Untap, upkeep, Draw, attack with the Page for 1, Done.

Jigglypuff: 18
Library: 31
In Play:

(T,T) Swamp x2
(S) Cuombajj Witches (1/3, T: deals one damage to a target of my choice and to a target of an opponent's choice)

Graveyard:
RFG:

Library: 33
In Play:

(U) Island
(U) Plains

(U) Shaper Guildmage (1/1, W, T: target creature gains first strike ueot. B, T: target creature gets +1/+0 ueot)
(T) Angelic Page (1/1, flying, T: target attacking or blocking creature gets +1/+1 ueot)

Graveyard:
RFG:

J

Jigglypuff

Okay. I'm at 18. Untap, upkeep, draw. Lay a Forest. Then I'll tap the Witches and deal one damage to the Page. Which target do you deal damage to?

Jigglypuff: 18
Library: 30
In Play:

(U,U) Swamp x2
(U) Forest
(T) Cuombajj Witches (1/3, T: deals one damage to a target of my choice and to a target of an opponent's choice)

Graveyard:
RFG:

In Play:

(U) Island
(U) Plains

(U) Shaper Guildmage (1/1, W, T: target creature gains first strike ueot. B, T: target creature gets +1/+0 ueot)

Graveyard: (T) Angelic Page (1/1, flying, T: target attacking or blocking creature gets +1/+1 ueot) (?)
RFG:

J

Jigglypuff

You're sure you don't want to hit the Guildmage? Okay, I'll be at 17. Done.

Jigglypuff: 17
In Play:

(U,U) Swamp x2
(U) Forest
(T) Cuombajj Witches (1/3, T: deals one damage to a target of my choice and to a target of an opponent's choice)

Graveyard:
RFG:

In Play:

(U) Island
(U) Plains

Graveyard: Angelic Page (1/1, flying, T: target attacking or blocking creature gets +1/+1 ueot)
RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Heh, no, I don't want to deprive you of that pleasure :)

Untap, upkeep, Draw, attack with the Guildmage for 1, Whirlpool Rider (which means I get a new hand of 3 Oversoul :) ), Done.

Jigglypuff: 17 (16?)
In Play:

(U,U) Swamp x2
(U) Forest

Graveyard:
RFG:

In Play:

(T) Island
(T) Plains

(S) Whirlpool Rider (1/1, when ~ CIP, shuffle the cards from my hand into my library, then draw that many cards)

Graveyard: Angelic Page
RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Revision of my turn since I got a new hand (in bold)

Untap, upkeep, Draw, attack with the Guildmage for 1, Whirlpool Rider (which means I get a new hand of 3 Oversoul :) ), Play an Island, Done.

Jigglypuff: 17 (16?)
In Play:

(U,U) Swamp x2
(U) Forest

Graveyard:
RFG:

In Play:

(T,U) Island x2
(T) Plains

(S) Whirlpool Rider (1/1, when ~ CIP, shuffle the cards from my hand into my library, then draw that many cards)

RFG:

J

Jigglypuff

Not going all that well for me, despite the Witches. I'll be at 16. Untap, upkeep, draw. I'll lay a Plains and tap the Plains, a Forest and a Swamp to play a Juniper Order Advocate. I'll be done after that.

Jigglypuff: 16
Hand: 5
Library: 29
In Play:

(T,U) Swamp x2
(T) Forest
(T) Plains
(U) Cuombajj Witches (1/3, T: deals one damage to a target of my choice and to a target of an opponent's choice)
(S) Juniper Order Advocate (1/2, my green creatures get +1/+1 while this is untapped)

Graveyard:
RFG:

In Play:

(T,U) Island x2
(T) Plains

RFG: