Our stance on E-League

W

Waubers

I have set up a Topic in the voting area already but I am wondering what CPA's stance is on E-league. Are they still considered Casual play since their tournies aren't for money or because it is a tournament format do we not want to be associated with them?

Z

Zadok001

Whether or not someone participates in on-line tourneys, I believe, is irrelevant as to if we associate ourselves with them. I hold weekly booster drafts with my friends, sometimes with prizes, sometime without, but that doesn't keep me from both calling myself and being called a "casual" player.

I don't know about the other founders, but hey, as far as I'm concerned, E-League is our friend. E-League = People = Members = More Voices = Louder = More Influence = Good.

Can't argue with that! :)

--Zadok001, aka Greater Good fanatic
CPA Member
"We have more sprouts than they have hands."

N

nekrataal

I agree with Zadok...

Whether or not someone participates in online tournies, or even real tournies for that matter, isn't a deciding factor on their membership. That being the case, I think we really need to try and get exposure on E-League. Thats just my opinion though.

-nekrataal

I

igfett

Our article was posted on e-league. that's exposure on e-league, isn't it?

N

nekrataal

Oh, I didn't know that it was.

-nekrataal
"boy is my face red"

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Zadok is right. If we're trying to get WotC's attention, the more people we can get signed up and voting the better. If we can form up a significant enough voting block, WotC will have no choice BUT to listen to us.

TomB
CPA Member
"I do not teach. I simply reveal."
-Daudi, Femeref Tutor

Z

Zadok001

Oh, yes they will. Have a choice, that is. They can sit back, ignore us, and die. But hey, that's not much of a choice, is it?

--Zadok001, aka Greater Good fanatic
CPA Member
"We have more sprouts than they have hands."

B

Baron Sengir

Now now. Wizards won't go belly up if they ignore and treat poorly the bulk of their consumers. They can always sell cards to ... well, themselves I guess.

I remain
The Baron

Finger lickin' good

Ferret

Staff member
Despite the fact that we don't have WotC beating down our doors yet, we should keep optimistic. We've existed for what? Two weeks and already we have a major sponsor, well over a hundred members, and a booming discussion page...have faith. Give it a few months.

I figure in six months we'll be HUGE and WotC will beating down our doors asking for help...it could happen.

-ferret

"...Delusions of Sanity..."