our first issue

I

igfett

I think the obvious first issue to takle is the erreta of waylay. i think everyone here has posted that it should never have been changed, so that is what we should go after first. should we post a voting thread?

Z

Zadok001

It would probably be prudent to get more people involved before we begin such an effort. Wait until tommorrow, when Baron's letter has sunk in, then begin the first issue debate/vote.

BTW, I agree, Waylay's errata should be repealed asap.

--Zadok001, aka Greater Good fanatic

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
Well, I agree that our 1st issue should be Waylay (being a white mage, I'm kinda partial). But if we are in agreement it shoulda have never been errata'd, what exactly is there to vote on? :)

-mike, the one who wishes 2nd got a prize in a local tourney

Z

Zadok001

That gives us a grand total of 3 people who agree, we don't know about everyone else. We need to vote to be sure everyone is equally represented and given the rights they should have.

B

Baron Sengir

I agree with you guys.

Check out the poll thing that I think Ed set up. I posted a poll on Waylay. That would be an easier way to vote on things since it only lets you vote once, too.

I remain
The Baron

Z

Zadok001

I... did... it... I... managed... to... vote... but... can... we... make... the... stupid... ad... pop-up... banners... go... away... before... I... am... forced... to... shoot... my... moniter... out...

Ferret

Staff member
(am I going to have to type my password each time?)

Well, I'm still ambivalent on the issue. I thought that Waylay did need to be errata'd to keep it in the flavour of white, but I don't like the way they did it. It's the end of turn phase I want fixed. If it were never designed the way it is currently, this problem would have never happened.

-ferret

"...I like innovation as much as the next guy, but not if it makes one colour do what it's not supposed to..."

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
Sorry about the pop-ups. Hypermart automatically inserts them if you don't put a banner on each page (look at the top). I spent like 2 1/2 hours trying to get the pop-ups of each page of the board (successfully), and I spent about 1 hour trying to get rid of the pop-ups on the poll, but couldn't. But now that I am typing this, I think I just figured out a way I might be able to get rid of them (SSI).

And yes Ferret, you do have to type your name/password everytime. :( This is only the unregistered version (the full version turns out to be $160), there's no cookie support, editing posts, smilies, and some other things.

-mike, the one who still continues to be the mad web genius

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
Yes, Ferret, but why would we want to throw french fries in a fan?

Anyway.. the donation idea is a good idea. and btw, that $160 is lifetime ownership. We can have it for a year for $60.

And I think waylay should be un-errata'd, under the cocndition that the end step gets fixed.

-mike, the one who believes he ponders what others ponder

Ferret

Staff member
Hmmm, only $160...Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?

We could ask for donations toward the registration of the software - you know, like the way SysOps used to ask people to register doors for them...

-ferret

"...I'll send $10 if you want it..."

Ferret

Staff member
Well, I think there's at least six of us here - I have trouble w/ that counting thing - if somehow we could all scrounge $10 a person we could get one year and if were going strong we can get more people to donate for lifetime next year...

-ferret

"...we're Casual Players - which means we're usually broke players :)"

N

nekrataal

Actually, I might have a problem with the money. I know I could throw in $10, but I am currently trying to save almost all I can for school trips this year. I am not working this summer, which I should be, but I could probably sell off some of my cards to help out. I just recently went on a spending spree of Magic cards and need to save what little I have now for gas money. I'll let you guys know if some funds clear up for me, though. And I will be happy to help out when they do. :)

K

K1

Just out of curiousity, how many times has Wotc/DCI unerrataed (is that a word) something while it was still T2 legal? Most of the changes I recall came due to environment switches. Just wondering what kind of precedent we're going against.

Z

Zadok001

The recently unerrated Verdant Force, but only because the orginal wording was now sufficient based on the rules being used, so that doesn't really count...

I do believe this would be the first time major errata has been passed and then repealed, so we are up against quite a bit here.

C

Child of Gaea

I will happily donate also but that brings us to the next thing. Who's the treasurer?

Child of Gaea

B

Baron Sengir

Let's decide all that kind of stuff online tomorrow night. We need to get some kind of organization here. This thing is getting a lot bigger than I originally envisioned and I think that's great.

COUNCIL MEMBERS!

CHECK YOUR E-MAIL FOR TIME AND PLACE WE ARE MEETING TOMORROW NIGHT! WE NEED TO DECIDE A LOT OF THINGS!

I remain
THE BARON

ALL CAPS ... HARD TO READ ... MUST ... HIT ... SHIFT KEY ...

T

theorgg

I have put this suggestion on the dojo page, but I now will put it here.

my friend and I thought that If any game effect, such as discard, pestilance, ect. went on the stack, after it resolved, and after anything else resolved, such as cards played, effects used(reckless emb.mage), or other such occurences happened, you had to put another "end of turn" effect on the stack.(kinda like combat used to be like. a "light" that says you can declare combat)

do you know what I mean? the end step ended when, we thought, when the eot effects did nothing.(no damage to clear, nothing to sac, no eot effects, ect) does this make sence to anyone else?

Also, the waylay erratta is understandable, but not nessessary. the "fix" I suggest would allow the erratta to be repealed so you could have a little more flexiblilty with waylay.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Put me down as a vote to repeal the Waylay errata.

TomB
CPA Member
"I'll have ketchup on those fries, Ed"

W

Waubers

I say they should undo the waylay errata. It gave white a trump card which white hasn't had in type II since maybe cataclysm. I loved playing that card it was just plain fun!