Oh, MAN! You've gotta check this out....

Z

Zadok001

Get this...

Ok, you know how the Rebel searchers refer to "Rebel cards" in your deck? That means that any creature not in play is refered to as *Creature type* cards.
Anyone see where this is going? Didn't think so.

Ok, see Conspiracy? That really cool card that changes creature types? Now do you see where I'm going? I bet you don't.

Kindle. Kindle. Kindle. Kindle.
It says "Kindle cards."
This is really funny. Now, I might be wrong, but can't I throw a bunch of creatures in the graveyard with creature type of Kindle, then cast Kindle and kill someone?

I'm not quite sure what the deck would look like, but I really think this could be really, really fun to play with.

--Zadok001, aka Greater Good fanatic
CPA Member
"We have more sprouts than they have hands."

D

Dune Echo

Sorry, Zadok. It won't work. There's a huge arguement about when something references a card name or a creature type. How do you know? Basically, the way I understand the ruling to be is, use common sense on what the card is refering too even though it could be taken the wrong way. You can't make all your creatures into type Howling Wolves (or whatever they are) and then search your library for up to three other Howling Wolves that aren't really Howling Wolves. It's a nifty idea though, Zadok.

------------------
Dune Echo

...letting the whole world know everything.

Z

Zadok001

Actually, I was pretty careful. I haven't checked with any judges per se, but I have looked up most of the related rulings. As it turns out, the only limitations on Conspiracy are the following:

Nothing obscene.

Only one word.

Can't be something like "opponent" or "land."

Well, only the last can really be interpreted as locking out the combo. The second explains why Howling Wolf doesn't work, as you can't call a card "Howling" and "Wolf." I really haven't hit any rules that say I can't do it.

Of course, it's not like I'm a judge, but I think it SHOULD work, in theory.

CPA Member

D

Dune Echo

Hey, Greater Good Fanatic!

Have you considered a non-Type 2 version of your deck? I was thinking that Aboroth would be an excellent card with Greater Good and/or Sneak Attack. You would trample with a 9/9 and then sac it for 6 cards. Not bad if you ask me. And Gaea's Blessing would be great for replacing cards into your library from the massive card drawing.

------------------
Dune Echo

...letting the whole world know everything.

D

Dune Echo

Hey, Zadok, on the heels of your idea, I thought of this: Can Conspiracy make your creatures all Plague and Rats? Or only Plague or Rats? This would be cool in Ross's deck.

------------------
Dune Echo

No! I'm not going by the name, "Buttnugget", Ross.

Z

Zadok001

Hmm... I don't think so, I think only one word works... But you've got those weird Pestilence Rats that have power equal to the number of Rats in play, that would work.

CPA Member