Gizmo

Atogatog :'(

Decimate :-(

Iridescent Angel (rare) :-|
5UW
Creature - Angel
Flying, protection from all colors
4/4

Too expensive to cast, but when casting cost isnt an issue (Pattern, Oath) then this is one of the top creatures on your list to put directly into play.

Lithatog :-(

Mystic Enforcer (rare) :)
2GW
Creature - Nomad Mystic
Protection from black
Threshold - Mystic Enforcer gets +3/+3 and flying.
3/3

What did black do to deserve this?

Phantatog :'(

Psychatog :-(

Sarcatog :-(

Shadowmage Infiltrator (rare) :D
1UB
Creature - Wizard
Shadowmage Infiltrator can't be blocked except by black or artifact creatures. When Shadowmage Infiltrator deals damage to a player, draw a card.
1/3

Instant contender for best creature ever printed. OMG! And its a Wizard!!!! Even better (Gizmo can feel a deck coming together as we speak).

Thaumatog :-(

Vampiric Dragon :'(

Catalyst Stone (rare) :-(
Artifact
Flashback costs you pay cost up to 2 less.
Flashback costs your opponents pay cost 2 more.

Its rare for these cort of cards, like those that reduced Buyback costs, to be played. That it hurts your opponent is an obvious attempt to make it more attractive. Still SHOULDNT see play outside of some very warped decks.

Charmed Pendant :-'(

Darkwater Egg :-(

Junk Golem :'(

Limestone Golem (uncommon)
Artifact Creature - Golem
2, Sacrifice Limestone Golem: Target player draws a card.
3/4

Millikin :'(

Mirari :-(

Mossfire Egg :-(

Otarian Juggernaut (rare) :-(
Artifact Creature
Otarian Juggernaut can’t be blocked by Walls.
Threshold - Otarian Juggernaut gets +3/+0 and attacks each turn if able.
2/3

The days when a 5/3 for 4 was undercosted savagely have long gone.

Patchwork Gnomes :'(

Sandstone Deadfall :'(

Shadowblood Egg :-(

Skycloud Egg :-(

Steamclaw (uncommon) :-(
Artifact
3, T: Remove target card in a graveyard from the game.
1, Sacrifice Steamclaw: Remove target card in a graveyard from the game.

Very competitive to Phyrexian Furnace.

Sungrass Egg :-(

Abandoned Outpost :-|

Barbarian Ring :)
Land
T: Add R to your mana pool. Barbarian Ring deals one damage to you.
Threshold - Barbarian Ring gains "R, T, Sacrifice Barbarian Ring: Barbarian Ring deals 2 damage to target creature or player."

By far the best of this cycle, its still far from amazing. But its very playable

Bog Wreckage :-|

Cabal Pit :-(

Centaur Garden :-(

Cephalid Colosseum :'(

Crystal Quarry :'(

Darkwater Catacombs :)

Deserted Temple :-|

Mossfire Valley :-|

Nomad Stadium :'(

Petrified Field :-(

Ravaged Highlands :-|

Seafloor Debris :-|

Shadowblood Ridge :)

Skycloud Expanse :)

Sungrass Prairie :-|

Tarnished Citadel :-(

Timberland Ruins :)

Gold and Artifact cards largely unimpressive (barring the Finkeltraitor). The lands are very variable, from the abysmal Nomad Stadium to the playable Barbarian Ring and the useful new duals and the flexible sac-lands, which make the cross-color decks in particular more attractive.

M

Mikeymike

Iridescent Angel - Do you think 7 mana is too much for U/W control? Honest question, not one of my wise-oink sarcastic rhetoricals.

Mystic Enforcer - What's not to like about this card. He's almost constructed worthy without threshold, with it he's a champ. I really like this guy

Psychatog - I like this guy a lot. Perfect abilities for his colors, provides nice synergy. I wish these friggin atogs were 2/2's though.

Finkeltraitor - Awesome, amazing and astoundingly good...but boring as hell. It doesn't take skill to make this card work. Its the perfect mesh of the Ophidian and Thieving Magpie.

Catalyst Stone - I actually think this card is rather cute. You're 100% right that these types of cards usually suck, but this one has promise in that it hurts your opponent (Green flash WILL be the first Odyssey inspired Standard deck). I really, really like it with recoup as it reduces the cost of the spell you are re-using (Overrun again for 1RGGG).

Charmed Pendant - Some people are making a big deal about this card, I personally don't see it. Granted, it is a self-mill which can be good in this set, but at 4 mana its way too slow. Plus, you are really only going to get mana from gold spells, and usually the gold spells are the ones you want to cast, not get rid of.

Deserted Temple - 1 of the sleeper cards of the set. I don't see too much use for it in standard (except for the niftly new enchant lands) but it can be strong in extended and Type 1. Definitely powerful in casual games (Maze of Shith). This is one of those cards that will go up in value with the release of the next 5 sets.

The new dual-duals - Interesting, they'll find their place but they definitely aren't for every dual colored deck.

Barbarian Ring - I really like this card for extended sligh (as mentioned by someone else in a different thread. It'll see play in type 2 also, especially if Rath's edge did.

Crystal Quarry - Boo! Stupid card!

Sac-City lands - Useful if not simple, will see play.

Petrified Field - Not as bad as people think. It doesn't come into play tapped, it allows you to get useful sac lands back, and is nice against LD. Not great now, but it will get better too.

Tarnished Citadel - I'll pass thanks.

Z

Zadok001

Mike: Good point about Recoup. I hadn't considered that little "combo," if it can be called such. :)

M

Mikeymike

Thanks, I only noticed it b/c when I saw Recoup I knew there had to be a way to abuse it, and I happened to see the Catalyst stone. Actually Mike Mason's article on StarCity yesterday (a great article BTW) mentions it too in a new type of God deck. That could be very ugly.

G

Goku

I got an atogatog... I believe that I might just build an atog deck just to see what fellow players might think.

I

Istanbul

I think that there aren't enough decent Atogs to feed to AtogAtog, and it's a poor attempt at a Lord.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Atogatog:

Necratog?
Chronatog?
Atog?
Auratog?
(not Foratog though, inferior to some of the new 2 color ones)

Living Death??

D

Duel

finkeltrator? Boring?

Um, let me think for a second......

I loved Xerox, no?

2 Salt Marsh
4 Darkwater Catacombs
4 Underground River
10 Island
1 Divert
1 Wash Out
2 Glacial Wall
4 Repulse
2 Amugaba
1 Fervent Denial
4 Undermine
4 Memory Lapse
4 Counterspell
4 Standstill
4 Sleight of Hand
4 Opt
2 Temporal Adept
4 Finkeltrator

D

Duel

Shoot, one card short... Hmm, Maybe Darkwater egg? Yeah, that'd fit nicely in Xerox....

D

Duel

Um, volarathatog's Laboratog, would be my suggestion for an atog-feeder.

E

EricBess

Duel,

What he meant was that the card mechanic was not original. Obviously, no one disputes that it will be a powerful card. ;)

C

CAMDEX

Decimate is a great situational card. Plus, with recoup... :D

Decimate 2RG
Sorcery
Rare
Destroy target artifact, target creature, target enchantment, and target land.

C

Chaos Turtle

This is the text I have for Recoup...

Recoup (uncommon)
1R
Sorcery
Target sorcery card in your graveyard gains flashback until end of turn. Its flashback cost is equal to its mana cost.
Flashback: 3R
Is this incorrect?

If not, Recoup won't lower the cost of Overrun or anything else. the mana cost is the entire value printed on the card, not just the colored portion.

M

Mikeymike

When paired with Catalyst Stone it would reduce the original spells flashback er casting cost.

Catalyst Stone (rare)
Artifact
Flashback costs you pay cost up to 2 less.
Flashback costs your opponents pay cost 2 more.

Recoup (uncommon)
1R
Sorcery
Target sorcery card in your graveyard gains flashback until end of turn. Its flashback cost is equal to its mana cost.
Flashback: 3R

The spell does have an actual flashback cost thanks to the recoup, so the cost is reduced.

There are a lot of neat little combos in Odyssey, me likes.