• Excellent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Fair

• Poor

• As always, I have not yet formulated even an early opinion :)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Killer Joe

I'm sure of you have not had a chance to really analyze 9E yet but at first glace/gut reaction, what do you think?

Killer Joe

Even though competative Magic game play for me is fading and it doesn't matter what's in 9E I still look through "New Player" friendliness lenes to formulate my opinion.

I really like the selections of the commons including Naturalize, Elvish Warrior,
and yes, the mini-combo of Fishliver Oil and Sea's Claim. :)

We drafted 9E at Blue star Games last week and the newer players didn't have much trouble getting through the draft. Rules questions were at a minimum (not even Overgrowth had a question).

N

Notepad

I really like the card mix, as it allows me to fill in the playsets that I haven't yet completed, especially pain lands. I voted Excellent! Righteous! Party on, Ted! Party on, Bill! Wyld Stallions RULE!

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I said I haven't formulated an opinion yet, which is true. I do like some of the card choices, but, like Spidey, I'm pretty uninformed. I'm mildly skeptical about core sets, since none have them have made me go, "Oh, now that's a good set." They tend to consist of a bunch of chaff alongside a few good cards. I dunno. The Hypnotic Specter thing is interesting though...

M

Mr_Pestilence

There's STILL NO PESTILENCE! Therefore, by definition, 9th sux Rhox.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Yeah, I guess Hypnotic Specter doesn't really make up for the lack of Pestilence. What I've seen thus far would seem to indicate that it has less chaff than the last core sets, which I consider to be a good thing...

O

orgg

Pestilence, if printed again, would probably be RARE because of its limited impact.

Would anyone want that?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
orgg said:
Pestilence, if printed again, would probably be RARE because of its limited impact.

Would anyone want that?
I think it would be funny. Pestilence has already been a common and an uncommon...

W

Wurmb

I would totally go for pestilence as a rare, but I think counterspell would have too big of an impact on standard to ever be printed again. (me saying i dont think it should be printed again, as opposed to it wont)