Next Card

• Thread starter MaSteRofDisAsTeR6969
  • Start date
M

MaSteRofDisAsTeR6969

If you all are wondering, I am making a whole set eventually, if anybody would like to help me out, just let me know, one way you could is just help me make the cards. My last card I had a bunch of help, but maybe more would be good, IF you want too. My last creature was a pretty big and strong creature, now I am gonna make a good artifact. Well, here it is, please just reply with your suggestions. :D

Mana Burner 3
Artifact

XT: Sacrifice X target opponents lands, Mana Burner
deals X damage to target opponent.

3T: Sacrifice 1 land to destroy 2 target lands.

T: Destroy all Islands in play.(This includes
your islands too, if you have any)

Once again, please tell me if you have any suggestions!!! THANKS!

U

Ura

This sounds like the creation of a VERY angry red player. Its really overpowered and broken too.

For the XT: ability I do something like.

XT: Sacrifice X lands, opponent must sacrifice a land for each one you do to this ability. Opponent takes 1 damage for each land sacrificed in this way. Opponent may pay 1 for each point of damage to prevent that damage.

This way its balanced and still gets relativly the same effect across, especially if you back it up with something like a turnabout and planar birth so you do it over and over and over. :)

The second ability of 3T: Sacrifice 1 land to destroy 2 target lands.

This is also pretty broken. Maybe something like.

3T: Sacrifice a land. Destroy 2 target basic lands and lose 2 life for each land destroyed in this way.

That way the original idea of gaining land advantage is still there, but its a little more reined in with the life loss. Probably still a bit too powerful anyways.

I'd scrap the third ability and raise the casting cost to at least 4 but more likely 5 as well.

Hope this helps somewhat
cheers :)

M

MaSteRofDisAsTeR6969

It probably is TOO powerful, I like your Idea. Here is the new card:p

Mana Burner 3
Artifact

XT: Sacrifice X lands, opponent must sacrifice a land for each one you do to this ability. Opponent takes 1 damage for each land sacrificed in this way. Opponent may pay 1 for each point of damage to prevent that damage.

3T: Sacrifice a land. Destroy 2 target basic lands and lose 2 life for each land destroyed in this way.

Thanks for the help:D

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
HERE'S A GREAT SUGGESTION FOR YOUR CARD!

I made a few modifications, but I think you'll like it.

Butt Burner
XT: Rip up X target cards. Kick target opponent X times in the butt for each card burned this way.

3T: Sacrifice you first born child: Win the game

1T: Sacrifice you opponent's first born first and his dog for no reason.

What do you think?

Ransac, king of the squeegee and other assorted house goods

M

MaSteRofDisAsTeR6969

shut the fuck up you little bitch. It isn't funny!:mad:

O

Ogg

Yo Disaster, I think you're over-reacting, Ransac is either trying to be funny but harmless, or just being a moron (I can't tell which, could you tell us, Ransac?), and do try to keep the insults/swearing to a minimum. Ok, mostly just the swearing. But still!

The first version of the card was broken, the second is not nearly as much so. Lemme think... Also, if you really wanted the 'Destroy all Islands' ability, you might try something like this:
5T: Choose a basic land type. Destroy all lands of this type. You must control at least one of this land type, and have at least one permanent in play that uses that type of mana.
That sound ok? I'm not sure. Or, you could just save me the trouble and skip it entirely. (wait, it wouldn't be saving me the trouble, I already did it!). Ah, well.

OGG CRUSH! MAIM!! KILL!!!

D

dw51688

Hmm, if this were a real card, I can just imagine the DCI. Ahem, cough cough.

D

dw51688

Hey. Um MOD? I think you reacting just a bit too much there buddy.

[me]runs very fast and far away from MOD[/me]

H

Hetemti

Tectonic Staff, 3
Artifact, Uncommon
If Tectonic Staff becomes tapped, sacrifice it.
Tectonic Staff can not be countered.
X, T: Destroy X lands target opponent controls. Deal 1 damage to that player for each land destroyed this way.
2, T: Destroy two target lands.
T: Destroy X target Islands where X is the number of cards in your hand.
"It's a mighty staff, just remeber to set it down very gently."

Note, I built the tap-sac ability in the main text, not the cost. This is so blue has a chance to fight back. Roast that Trixter Mage! (Does she look like Alanis Morrisette or what? Also, I hate it when cards that obviously feature females in the art are refered to as "he." If SHE tapped your card, say so!)

[Edited by Hetemti on September 19th, 2000 at 04:51 PM]

D

dw51688

Nice, but still pretty strong, without the tap sac thing it would be way out of hand powerful and would dominate so many decks and we'd all be doomed!

M

MaSteRofDisAsTeR6969

Okay, I though MoD was some kind of like, abbreviation for something. But, MoD is cool, also, that card is still kind of strong, I will fix it up now, tell me what you think;)

Tectonic Staff, 3
Artifact, Uncommon
X, T: Destroy X lands target opponent controls. Deal 1 damage to that player for each land destroyed this way.
X: Sacrifice Tectonic Staff to turn it into a X/X Red Creature, rounded down for power, and up for toughness. No more than 4 can be paid in this way, unless piad for by Artifact lands.
"It's a mighty staff, just remeber to set it down very gently."

I also took out Destroy two lands, I mean, who would do that when they can destroy X? Well, please tell me what you think:p

H

Hetemti

Tectonic Staff, 3
Artifact, Rare
X: Tectonic Staff permanantly becomes a Tectonic Chimera, a Red Artifact Creature, with power and toughness equal to half of X, rounded up for power, and down for toughness. No more than 4 colored mana may be spent this way. Tectonic Chimera has "If any of Tectonic Chimera's activated abilities are played, sacrifice it."
"It's a mighty staff, just remember to set it down very gently."

Note that by changing it's name to Tectonic Chimera, which, btw, is the proper name for an artifact that becomes a creature, the "If Tectonic Staff becomes tapped, sacrifice it." effect will not trigger, (Since its no longer a Tectonic Staff) therefore allowing you to attack with it.
The "If abilities are played, sac" is added so it's no more abusive, since the sacs are necessary to prevent it from being way too overpowered, which it was before it became Chimeric.
_____
Personally, I'd remove the Chimeric Ability. It's not needed. That, and it fails the Dante test. (If you can't fit in all the text with Dante's Card Maker, it's too complicated.)
I'm making a mock-up for kicks.
It's on:
http://hetemti.freeservers.com

[Edited by Hetemti on September 19th, 2000 at 10:10 PM]

M

MaSteRofDisAsTeR6969

How do you get the thing where you like, make the cards?

H

Hetemti

Search for Dante's Card Maker. It's on some XOOM site.
It's been around for a while and has been debugged finally, for the most part, though he needs to do some really simple editing to make it more flexible. Which I plan to advise him to do when I find his site again...

M

MaSteRofDisAsTeR6969

I found a website where you can make a MTG card, I dunno if it is the same one, but it works. Do you wanna see it?

H

Hetemti

...Dante is very proud of his card maker and puts the text "Dante's Card Maker" all over the place.