Newbie Format

B

bane

I call this the newbie format because this is what my play group plays when we get a new player. All decks are two colors (usually colors in agreement like white/blue or green/white). Decks contain 10 basic lands of each color for the deck. There are also 20 cards of each color in the deck divided into 10 creatures and 10 other spells. When Artifacts are added to a deck, it takes the place of one colored card and the next artifact takes place of one of the other color's spots.. It's fun. Try it...

.oO(bane)Oo.

Ferret

Staff member
GROOVY! It's nice to see how many people think like us out there...Kirsin, I noticed some posts by you on MTGNews. I wonder if we could get a link w/ them...I like their site.

-ferret

"...more, More, MORE!!!!"

D

Dune Echo

This is a lot like an all-commons format. Speaking of which I've contacted a new person who's article I saw on Brain Burst and was frustrated at how you have to have a ton of expensive rares to compete in a tourney. Basically, he, like many of us would like to see a tournament format for those of us who don't have loads of money. I invited him to check out our website and he said that he totally agreed with our philosophy and wanted to join and bring a lot of his friends. So, we have more people joining our ranks soon, guys.

------------------
Dune Echo

... and no, the Waylay ruling and Thawing Glaciers ruling don't have a damn thing in common. A lot more people like me whined in favor of Waylay!

Z

Zadok001

Yeah, I just noticed you joining the ranting at MtgNews today, Ferret. How long have you been there?

And I agree, it'd be really sweet to get a link with 'em, that site gets a ton of hits, at least from all the people scurrying around the discussion center (which, BTW, has about 300% the population of the Dojo ones...). I've written the people in charge of MtgNews several times with suggestions, they usually implement them within three hours of the e-mail, so it shouldn't be too hard to ask them for a link too. Should we try this?

--Zadok001, aka Greater Good fanatic
CPA Member
"We have more sprouts than they have hands."

T

theorgg

Let's do it!

-theorgg
I'm bigger than I think, I think.