New MTG.com!...

T

train

What do you all think of the new MTG.com look?...

I think it looks too CNN...

The older site needs to return...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't like it much either, but it could be that I'm just not used to the layout yet :) As long as I can find the Ask Wizards, Card, and Article of the Day from the old MTG, I'm fine...

O

orgg

I liked it when most of the important stuff fit onto the screen without scrolling around.

That's what I miss... that, and the Lexicon.

N

Nightstalkers

So its an up-da-te... I thought it was just happy to see me.

Nightstalker Habuki

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

its designed very poorly. theres no hierarchy of information! everything has the same importance on the page. It hurts my eyes.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I think the dojo went through some design change I didn't like before it went down. Then again, I left for a while so I don't know when they really went down, but it wasn't that long afterward...

A

Almindhra

I still don't have my heart set on this layout....The black and orange was much...prettier....

N

Notepad

They should have stuck with the old layout, and just had the ability to have more than three major articles appear per update.

This new look is very clunky. Everything blends into each other with nothing standing out, even with the new colors. And, all those boxes and scripts tend to cause errors every once in a while, I've found. Anybody had fun with the script error over the Ask Wizards box?

Hell, even Psylum's Dojo was better designed than this pile.

R

Reverend Love

It's a little clumsy but then again ALL of WoTC's Magic sites are clumsy. You can definitely tell they've built with no regards of structure or flow. I'd say its just a tad easier to find what your looking for on a WoTC site as compared to Microsoft..the king of internet mazes.

N

Notepad

Interesting how one of the wednesday articles talks a lot about Dojo and Brainburst. As if MTG.com could ever be regarded as well as them. Plus, this new site is a poor wannabe to the legacy of the Dojo.

Was this the winning submission in a "design your own home page" for a class of fifth graders or what?

R

Rooser

I admit the layout is not the best, however, I'm really happy that they have more than one article per day now, because there's a much greater chance I'll find something I like. Getting bored with Brian the Cellphone Head? No prob, we got SCS right next door! Oh, and Aaron Forsythe is much more interesting than Bullhead, at least the recent Bullhead - (I did like his articles once upon a time.).