NEW ART

L

Lythand

Ok everyone. For those of you who went to the prerelease, tell me what you think about the art in the new set. For those of you who have not, wait6 till you get some cards then tell me what you think of the art.

I personally think that the art is excellent. And as magic has progressed, so has the quality of the artwork. I am quite impressed.

And just as a side comment. Someone, anyone, get the black Avatar of Woe. Clear you conscience (SP?). Now, close your eyes, hold the Avatar in front of you so when you open your eyes you see the picture. And what famouse singer comes to mind..???

Here is a hint..."The beautiful people...the beautiful people...Its all relative to the size of your steeple...."

D

Daenen

The artwork is truly impressive. I really love the picture for Latula, the Red Legend spellshaper. This set is so good, that in the final draft of the evening (1:00 am is when we started), that 4 of us played the exact same color-combo (black-green).

My first draft was blue white weenie. Never, ever, ever pass someone 3 Cloud Sprites, 3 Spiketail Hatchling, 3 Glittering Lynx, 2 Rishadan Airship, etc. Do we get the picture?

Anyway, I had to drop out of the sid tournament because the Main event was starting. Won the first match, but the second two I failed hideously. Oh, well. No excuses.

We played team sealed later that night. I now understand the Awesome POWER that the winds have in limited, especially when you're playing mono-blue. hehehehe. In a forty card deck, after about 12 rounds, loosing 7 cards from your deck tends to shift the game.

Over all, I had a lot of fun. I could have done better, but that's ok. I did get invited to a $65 draft at the next Pre-release. $65, you ask? Wouldn't you pay that much to draft with Antiquities, The Dark, and Legends? Hmm?