Naming Legend with Unnatural Selection

Discussion in 'Rules Questions' started by Spiderman, Sep 9, 2002.

1. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

If I have 4 creatures of the same name out (say Suntail Hawk) and I use Unnatural Selection to change Bird to Legend, am I supposed to be keeping track of which order my Birds entered play to know which ones to bury? And the same for my opponent if he happens to have multiple of SUntail Hawk also out?
  2. Chaos Turtle Demiurgic CPA Member, Admin Assistant

No.
    The Legend rule was modified/clarified awhile back so that it's the permanent that has been a legend with the same name the longest -- as opposed to being in play the longest -- that remains in play, while others die.

So whichever bird you make a legend most recently will be the one that dies, regardless of how long it's been in play.
  3. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

For some reason I thought it was a blanket effect, not targeting a single creature at a time :)

Say it was a blanket effect. Would I have to keep track then?
  4. Jigglypuff Big Cute Pink Thing

As in: "1: All creatures you control become the creature type of your choice until the end of turn."?

420.5e If two or more Legends or legendary permanents with the same name are in play, all except the one that has been a Legend or legendary permanent with that name the longest are put into their owners' graveyards. This is called 'the Legend rule.' In the event of a tie, each Legend or legendary permanent with the same name is put into its owner's graveyard. (If two permanents have the same name but only one is a Legend or is legendary, this rule doesn't apply.)

As you can see, they all die.

(- Steve -)
  5. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

I seem to be backsliding... I could have checked that :rolleyes:

:)