My love affair with Pulsemage Advocate

R

Reverend Love

I admit it, I love this guy. He recently proved to me his "drawback" is actually quite a powerful ability. I discovered this Friday with my crew of magic misfits. The deck I was using had a lifegain-hatred-phyrexian processor type theme and the'ol pulsie was in for recursion/filler. You couldn't imagine my glee of returning Spirit of The Night, Scion of Darkness and Visara the pain to my pal's hand whom as you could guess was attempting a go with reanimator. OOoh no paly...you'll be hardcasting those beasties this game. While my other friend wasn't very fond of me returning his Anger to hand, right after casting a 12 pinging Kilnmouth Timmy. Starlight Sanctum always provided the required graveyard critter...and my pals were thoroughly tired of the hearing "In response I'll sac the Doubtless One, take 8".

Graveyard Recursion (HA TRICK QUESTION!) Yes for me ...no for you
Threshold...ooh no you don't.
Flashback...maybe next game.
Anger, Filth etc.....he's now your overpriced critter.
Relying on your graveyard at all.....nope.

Pure Love I tell you.

R

Rooser

What you should do is abuse the fact that you make their hand bigger. Iron Maiden, Viseling, Dreamborn Muse, etc.

R

Reverend Love

Good idea..but it'd have to be something retarded...like Balancing Act. Cards like Black Vice and what not would simply be to easy.

J

Jigglypuff

How about Dark Suspicions?

Dark Suspicions
{2}{B}{B}
Enchantment
At the beginning of each opponent's upkeep, that player loses 1 life for each card in his or her hand more than you have in your hand.

Then you combine it with other cards that let you discard cards to power an effect. Like the spellshapers.

(- Steve -)

R

Reverend Love

I'll have to fiddle around with something like that...it certantly wouldn't win (probably would'nt even come close) but sounds fun.

I

Izaryo

then there is a combo for dark suspicions. have a ensnaring bridge in play at the same time and empty your hand:D