My first card

• Thread starter MaSteRofDisAsTeR6969
  • Start date
M

MaSteRofDisAsTeR6969

I have never made my own home made card before, but I am going to try to make one now, I am also pretty new to the CPA, like 2 days ago, but, don't make fun of me if my card is bad, I would like some suggestions though, like whatever is wrong with it, PLEASE TELL ME!!!!! Also, I am gonna make my own whole set, it will be called Disasters Legacy. If any of these cards are any good, I will use them, but if not, I will just delete them or change them a little bit.

Disasterous Dragon 7RRR
Whenever Disasterous Dragon is blocking
or becomes blocked, it gains +0/+8 until
end of turn.

1T: Untap Target Artifact
2T: Destroy Target Artifact
1T: Target Creature gains protection
from Artifacts.

10/10

N

nodnarb24

No one will make fun of you here unless it's in the battle arena.
I say the dragon is too undercost even thou it costs10. You might want to take away the blocking ability. Then decrease its P/T to 8/8. Then decrease it's cost by R.

M

MaSteRofDisAsTeR6969

Here is my updated one, I am gonna try over, I am not gonna do all those now because it is like supposed to be my BIG creature in my set, but if you STILL think I should then please tell me and I will. I know the Dragon IS kind of dominate.

Disasterous Dragon 7RR

Disasterous Dragon does not tap when it is blocking.

1T: Untap Target Artifact
2RRT: Destroy Target Artifact

10/10

F

FoundationOfRancor

Well, I know this is your BIG creatures as you said, but I would bring its p/t and cc down to make it more playable. Like

Disaster Dragon 5RR
Creature- Dragon
Flying
Whenever Disaster Dragon deals damage, you may pay either 2R or 2RR. If you paid 2R, you may untap target artifact. If you paid 2RR, you may destory target artifact
5/6

-Or make is 4/5 or 4/4 and make it cost 4RR.

However, if you do want to make it a BIG creature, I suggest soemthing like this:

Disaster Dragon 8RR
Creature-dragon
Flying
ACC; Sacrifice all creatures and artifacts you control. YOu may only do this if you control 3 or more creatures.
1RRXT: Untap or destory target artifact. X is that cards casting cost
8/9

H

Hetemti

You need to give it a spiffier name. I'm really disgusted by the recent trend away from Magical style names.

Dragon of Disaster 6RR
Summon Dragon
Flying.
When Dragon of Disater blocks, it has -2/+2 until end of turn. If you control a plains, it gets an additional +0/+2. If you control an island, return the blocked creature to it's owner's hand at the end of combat.
When Dragon of Disaster deals combat damage to a player, destroy target artifact. It's controler gains life equal to half it's casting cost, rounded down.
R: +1/+0 until end of turn.
1U, T: Untap target artifact.
1W, T: Target creature gains protection from artifacts.
7/5

M

MaSteRofDisAsTeR6969

I mean BIG BIG creature, you know, like Levathian, that is 10/10, Well, I think it was the levaithian, well, my friend has a 10/10 creature card, I wanna make him more like that.

H

Hetemti

Dragon of Disaster 10RR
Summon Dragon
Flying.
When Dragon of Disater blocks, it has -2/+2 until end of turn. If you control a plains, it gets an additional +0/+2. If you control an island, return the blocked creature to it's owner's hand at the end of combat.
When Dragon of Disaster deals combat damage to a player, destroy target artifact. It's controler gains life equal to half it's casting cost, rounded down.
RR: +1/+0 until end of turn.
It was so friggin big there was no room for flavor text.
10/8

M

MaSteRofDisAsTeR6969

I like that one, but I have one more twist I can add to it, When Dragon of Disaster deals combat damage to a player, destroy target artifact. It's controler gains life equal to half it's casting cost, rounded down. If Dragon of Disaster can't destroy an artifact for any reason, sacrifice target creature you own, if you like it, tell me, if not, I will take it out, just tell me. :)

Dragon of Disaster 10RR
Summon Dragon
Flying.
When Dragon of Disaster deals combat damage to a player, destroy target artifact. It's controler gains life equal to half it's casting cost, rounded down. If Dragon of Disaster can't destroy an artifact for any reason, sacrifice target creature you own.
RR: +1/+0 until end of turn.
It was so friggin big there was no room for flavor text.
10/8

D

DÛke

...simple:). This is not a rule, but, it's something we could use:).

Here's my version of your Dragon:

Disasterous Dragon 6RR
Creature - Dragon
Flying.
As Disasterous Dragon comes to play, destroy all Artifact.
Put a +1/+1 counter on Disasterous Dragon for each Artifact destroyed this way.
6/6
"When I said "disaster", I meant a complete tragedy..."

H

Hetemti

Lets look at simple.

All global enchantments are creatures with power and toughness equal to their casting cost.

Return all enchantments from your graveyard to play.

Pay one life: Draw a card.

Counter target spell.

Simple is degenerate.

H

Hetemti

Of course not. But it's not a dragon.

I don't care what anyone says...

...and I know the Rathis and the Covetii will gripe about this...

...but all dragons have to have the "R: +1/+0" in their abilities list. Otherwise, they just simply ain't dragons.

What good is a dragon that can't even breathe fire?
How embarassing it is to cast Firebreathing on a dragon!

It should at least be:

1R: Destroy target artifact. Put a +1/+0 counter on Dragon of Disaster. You may play this ability without paying it's activation cost if Dragon of Disaster is currently affected by summoning sickness.

M

MaSteRofDisAsTeR6969

Okay, I am updating it again, tell me if you like it. :D

Dragon of Disaster 10RR
Summon Dragon
Flying.
When Dragon of Disaster comes into play, destroy all artifacts target player owns. Put a +1/+1 counter on Dragon of Disaster for each artifact destroyed in this way.
RR
: +1/+0 until end of turn.
1R, T: Untap target artifact.
3R, T: Target creature gains protection from artifacts.

"When I said "disaster", I meant a complete tragedy..."

10/10

D

DÛke

No offense:).

Fine, I'll make a more clear version of WHAT YOU want:

Dragon of Disaster XRR
Creature - Dragon
Flying
As Dragon of Disaster comes to play, destory X target Artifacts. Put X +1/+1 counters on Dragon of Disaster.
1/1
"When I said "disaster", I meant complete tragedy..."

This dragon breaths it's fire, and destorys artifacts when it comes to play. The longer you wait, the better it's gonna be.

D

DÛke

Ok, you want something big, complicated, and BIG, strong, and BIG, right:)? Ok, here:

Disasterous Dragon 6RRRR
Creature - Dragon
Flying
As long as you control Swamps, Disasterous Dragon can't be blocked except by Artifact and Black creatures.
As long as you control Forests, Disasterous Dragon gains +2/+2.
RR: Disasterour Dragon gains +2/+0 until end of the turn.
RR: Target creature gains protection from Artifacts.
RR: Destroy target Artifact.
8/8

D

dw51688

Good, for your first card. I could't think of anything like this because I suck, but cool card.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
The recipe for disaster:

Use any one of these,
Roll a penny down the streets of downtown Juarez
Tape a goat's butt together
Rip up your friend's Black Lotus collection
Buy a copy of playgirl and place it in your dad's private drawer
Buy an N'Sync record and show it off
and last but not least, wear nothing but socks at your next tournament

Ransac, owner of the world's first hand-free plunger