MtOA III Poll

B

BigBlue

MtOA III will be a draft.

If you are interested, what packs should we use?

So far the votes are completely scattered...

Train - Urza's Block - Rochester - Different Packs/player.
Spiderman - Ice Age, Mirage, Tempest - Booster Draft - Doesn't care
Jigglypuff - Mirage, Stronghold, Apocolypse. - Doesn't care - Different Packs/player.
WickedBoy6- Tempest Block - Rochester - Doesn't care.
Shiro - Tempest Block - Booster - Same Packs/Player?
RKoelsch - Doesn't Care - Rochester - Same packs/player

I would like to start drafting packs the first week in March (I'm really busy until then...) So, I'd like to get prepared by at least determining what packs I'll need to put in.

If you want a REALLY wild, weird draft, we could allow each player to pick his 3 packs independent of the others, giving everyone the packs they voted for...

Also, do you want to do it Rochester (where I post a pack and you guys make your picks from them (publicly). or would you prefer the pick a card and pass them on option?

I'm trying not to be overbearing as far as forcing formats...

Also, if it's rochester, I can start opening packs sooner than March, since it requires a lot less of me other than providing random packs...

W

WickedBoy6

I'll throw my hat in for either Rath or Odyssey block. If not, I'll agree with Train's Urza suggestion.

Rochester sounds interesting, but it doesn't matter to me, either way.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't care about the format, although I'm slightly leaning towards passing privately.

I still like my pack suggestions, but I'll go with anything. I would prefer to mix it up between expansion blocks though; we can always have a "block only" format later.

B

BigBlue

Will there only be 4 people drafting? I thought we'd see a few more...

T

train

I'm game for anything that's Magic... bring it!... bring what you got!...:D

T

train

The funniest thing was Hatter doing Rochester... he even said "draft" with a slower tone and accent...:)

J

Jigglypuff

I still think we should mix blocks. It would make the game a bit more interesting.

(- Steve -)

W

WickedBoy6

Woohoo! Shiro said Tempest Block: One of the best Cycles for red. (Well, Tempest was the expansion, Exodus & Stronghold added only minor assistance)

T

train

I think the poorest thing about that block was tradewind rider...

the best thing was buyback...

the best thing out of exodus was paladin en-vec and hatred...

worst - the blue artifact... null brooch...

W

WickedBoy6

i never said it was good for blue...Actually, it was pisspoor for blue. I'm just saying, I like it because it had so many red spells I like: Shock, Rolling Thunder, Kindle, Lightning Blast, Lightning Elemental, etc.

T

train

gotcha!...

I just can't believe they made a blue artifact!!!...:rolleyes:

blue artifacts stink!...

B

BigBlue

So, we either need a 6th player to break the Booster vs Rochester tie, or we'll need Jigglypuff to break that tie...

Right now it looks like different packs per player is the predominent vote, otherwise it'd be tempest block with most players picking at least one of those sets.

RK, AZ were you planning on joining into the draft?

R

rkoelsch

Yes I will play.
Rochester is fine
everyone same block
don't really care what block

B

BigBlue

I've been editing the original post, but to summarize the voting so far:

Train - Urza's Block - Rochester - Different Packs/player.
Spiderman - Ice Age, Mirage, Tempest - Booster Draft - Doesn't care
Jigglypuff - Mirage, Stronghold, Apocolypse. - Doesn't care - Different Packs/player.
WickedBoy6- Tempest Block - Rochester - Doesn't care.
Shiro - Tempest Block - Booster - Same Packs/Player
RKoelsch - Doesn't Care - Rochester - Same packs/player

Rochester now leads 3-2 and packs are tied 2 for same packs and 2 for different packs.

B

BigBlue

Spidey or WB6, would either of you care to pick whether it is same packs/player or different packs/player to break that tie?

If it is same packs, Tempest Block will comprise the packs.

If it is different packs, RKoelsh would you want Tempest anyways?

Also, I'll need numbers between 1 and a 100 from you all so I can determine draft order.