MP - The Harvesters, Mono-Black

M

Mikeymike

3 Dross Harvester
4 Greater Harvester (the most evil card in the deck)
4 Sengir Autocrat
3 Solemn Simulacrum
1 Scion of Darkness
1 Cabal Executioner

3 Gravepact (the 2nd most evil card in the deck)
3 Recurring Nightmare
4 Duress
1 Demonic Tutor
2 Diabolic Intent

3 Loxodon Warhammer
3 Whispersilk Cloak
1 Fireshrieker (for fun...evil fun!)

Mana
1 Sol Ring
1 Strip Mine
1 Wasteland
1 Mox Jet
2 Volrath's Stronghold
2 Cabal Coffers (more?)
2 Phyrexian Tower (should I bother?)
14 Swamps

My only stipulation, no Phages. I know she works in here, but that's not how I want to win.

Here are my thoughts on each card:

Dross Harvester - It is extremely efficient, and I feel like it is going to be gaining me a lot more life than it will be losing me in here. Really though, I've just be dying to put him in a deck to test out, and I figure this is a good start.

Greater Harvester - Probably the most dangerous card in the deck. He wants to get through unblocked and cause mass havoc, and I gave him 6 ways to do so. Also, Gravepact helps me turn his drawback into a strength

Sengir Autocrat - Makes good Harvester/Pact toys. Also great with Recurring Nightmare

Solemn Simulacrum - Just a very 'synergistic' fit in here. Provides mana acceleration, which makes the Coffers stronger, and is a great "sac a permanent" target. Kind of nice with Recurring Nightmare as well.

Scion of Darkness - Chances are he'll have some juicy targets.

Cabal Executioner - I doubt this guy will stay, but the ability is nice. I feel like I can do better for the cost....maybe Dauti Mindripper or Silent Specter?

Gravepact - Key cog in the deck. If one is out, the deck is very dangerous.

Recurring Nightmare - Just seems to be a perfect fit for the deck.

Duress, Demonic Tutor - Can never hurt.

Diabolic Intent - Never lets me down in a Gravepact Deck. Good with Simulacrum and Autocrat serfs as well.

Loxodon Warhammer - Evasion, beatdown, and life gain. Should work well in here.

Whispersilk Cloak - In here almost strictly for the Harvester, though it works nicely with the Scion and Executioner as well.

Fireshrieker - Merely a "for fun" inclusion, I just want to get through once with a double-striking Harvester and I'll be happy. This is my revenge card.

Sol Ring, Strip Mine, Wasteland, Mox Jet - I've got them, I might as well. Usually I run 2 Wasteland, but I've got a lot of non-basic slots already.

Volrath's Stronghold - Ol' reliable, a safety net for my creature-based combos

Phyrexian Tower - Probably shouldn't run, but they are very nice with Gravepact. Hmm, not sure. Its trixy, but is it dependable?

Cabal Coffers - I've got some junk in my trunk if you know what I mean. Lot's of mana is good. But only 14 swamps, is that enough?

Feel free to comment, chastise, ridicule, etc.