MP Spreading Plague

J

Jigglypuff

Since I kind of hate creatures right now, this deck seemed appropriate.

4 Genju of the Fens
4 Spreading Plague
4 Terror
4 Dark Banishing
4 Dingus Staff
3 March of Souls
3 Massacre
3 Consume Spirit
3 Disenchant
3 Alloy Golem
25 lands

You pretty much wipe out creatures as much as possible and let Dingus Staff whittle away your opponents' life totals. Alloy Golem allows you to selectively wipe out creatures when used with Spreading Plague and March of Souls is just brutal. If an opponent is not playing creatures or if you need a bit of extra damage, you have Genju of the Fens.

(- Steve -)

S

Striking Dragon

I have a Spreading Plague list from a while back, used alot more artifacts, one thing I can say is Riptide Replicator!!!! You can then kill everything they play, and the second one can be set to another color.

I'll try and dig up that other list when I'm at home.

J

jorael

I know Limited has a deck with it. It includes wild mongrel and madness.

Limited what was that deck?

L

Limited

jorael said:
I know Limited has a deck with it. It includes wild mongrel and madness.

Limited what was that deck?
Decklist to be found here...

I love combining Spreading Plague with Darkest Hour; every creature that comes into play destroys all other creatures (except of course for Wild Mongrels and Kavu Chameleon)
The deck was very susceptible to graveyard removal.. Our playgroup used a lot of Withered Wretches, so I put in four Misery Charms to deal with them. Replaced them with Vicious Hunger (so it can eat the Pale Samurai as well ;) )

@Jorael: Madness? Of what do you speak?

J

jorael

My bad. I thought you also included basking rootwalla.....

The deck is wyckyd by the way ;)

S

Striking Dragon

I couldn't find my list (grrrr....) but as far as I remember it was: take the old wildfire archetype mana base (artifact mana / city of traitors / sandstone needle) make all the colored mana black + dark ritual, stick in some fat artifacts, chimeric staff, artifact based draw, riptide replicator, and smash the opponent while they can only have 1 colored creature out. Not so grand against arti based decks ;)

K

Killerbob

Some day I will make a spreading plague deck with clone -very often he will act like a wrath on opponents creatures.

Living wall might be good too -opponent will only have one creature, and your wall just keep on blocking.

T

train

I like the idea puff... Plague was my tech for states the year odyssey came out... it handled a lot of the critters rather handedly...

You could even go mono-white with humility, wrath, etc...