MP G/U Fun Stuff

M

Mikeymike

HEY GUY IN MY PLAY GROUP - DON'T READ MY NEW DECKLISTS BEFORE YOU PLAY AGAINST THEM, THANK YOU :p

This deck was made with 2 Headed-Giant in mind, in which I have 1 teammate and 2 opponnents.

Creatures 11
4 Argothian Enchantress
4 Hunted Wumpus
3 Sunscape Familiar

Enchantments 15
3 Legacy's Allure
4 Treachery
2 Confiscate
2 Seal of Cleansing
2 Vernal Equinox
2 Rancor

Others 10
2 Claws of Gix
2 Nostalgic Dreams
1 Ancestral Recall
1 Force of Will
4 Counterspell

Mana 24
1 Sol Ring
1 Strip Mine
1 Wasteland
2 Mox Sapp/Emerald
4 Tropical Islands
4 Savannah
3 Tundra
2 Yavimaya Coast
1 Reflecting Pool
4 Island
1 Forest

Some of my strange card choices
Hunted Wumpus
His disadvantage is turned into an advantage for 2 reasons. 1st is that my teammate can play a creature for free, 2nd is that I can steal creatures after my opponent drops them.

Sunscape Familiar
Lowers the CC of 17 of my spells, and considering I can draw at a good clip it allows me to easily play spells instead of having to discard down to 7. Still, I'm not sold that its worth their inclusion in the deck, as it mostly helps in the early game or when I'm mana screwed.

Legacy's Allure
Its slower than Control Magic, but in many ways its better. Dropping 1 into play on turn 2 really makes your oppponent alter their game as it starts to build up power, just got to watch out for the flagbearers. Best part about it is when you sac it, the steal is permanent.

Confiscate
Could be control magic, but I felt the ability to steal any permanent would be an important one.

Vernal Equinox
Makes the deck work much smoother, very nice with Wumpii and the creature stealers (as I can attack on my next turn).

Rancor
Not truly necessary, but they make the Wumpii much more dangerous, and they combo quite nicely with the Claws of Gix. I've never been upset to draw one.

Claws of Gix
Essential to the deck as they allow me to kill stolen creatures (if they are trying to steal them back), renders things like Dismantling Blow, STP, Capsize, virtually useless, and it combos quite nicely with Rancor.

Nostalgic Dreams
1st time I've played the card, has given me reason to fall in love with it. Late game I can discard Enchantresses and lands to pull my business cards. Its a great card, powerful enough to make me think it could be broken in the right deck.

1 Force of Will
The reason I have only 1 is a tricky one. I don't want that many counters in here, but I want my opponents to think I do. If I cast this ACC early in the game it would make them much more tentative to play their deck the way they normally do. Basically, I want them to think I have 4 in the deck.

---
This deck is not indestructable by any means, but it is a lot of fun to play as its got a bunch of neat tricks in it.

I open to any suggestions, and I'm especially interested to hear what you think about the Sunscape Familiar. Cutting them would give me 2 white spells - Seal of Cleansing. Maybe I could cut the Seals (doesn't seem like a good idea) for something else that can handle enches/arts and make this a solid 2 color deck.

Thoughts?

R

rkoelsch

I would probably put enchantment alterations in to be able to steal some untargetable bad guys mybe in the SB if you have one but otherwise looks good