Most Despised Cards

I

I8Piggo

On the other end of the spectrum as VOLRATH's poll, I am asking people to submit their seven most despised cards. Not cards that you think are bad, but cards that you loathe to see hit the table, or cards you know are good, but have a grudge against. A brief explanation of why would be cool too.
Here are mine:

White: Land Tax (Land, land all around, but not a bit to use)
Blue: Force of Will (It's good enough that I have to play in it any tourney blue deck, but I HATE discarding that card)
Green: River Boa (One card win against my old Forbiddian deck)
Red: Hammer of Bogardan (Why won't you go away!!!)
Black: Hymn to Tourach (Self-Explanatory)
Artifact: Masticore (So powerful but so greedy)
Land: Gaea's Cradle (Why did those idiots make this rare!?! Every green deck needs at least two!)

F

Fire Slinger

Black: Duress, Unmask, Corcerson, Ravenous Rats, Hymn of Trouch, Spector's Wail, Alley Grifters.

As you can see I HATE discard!!!!

G

garfobo

I HATE YAWGMOTH'S BARGAIN IT NEED TO BE BURNT, AND THEN WE NEED TO BURN THE CONCEPTORS WITH IT, AND THEN PISS ON THE ASHES!!!!!! AND MORPHLING!!!! AND GRIM MONOLITH!!!!!!!!!!!!!GOD I HATED THOSE CARDs!!!>garfobo GOES STUMBLING DRUNKENLY INTO THE SUNSET, MEANWHILE SINGING Humpty Dumpty QUIETLY IN HIS HEAD!!!!!<

S

smurfturd

I hate to play against blue so......
1 counter spell
2 force of will
3 control magic, dominate, any thing that steals my
creatures.
4 Mana drain
5 black vise
6 hymn to tourach
7 MAZE OF ITH!!!!!!!!!

N

nodnarb24

1. zuran because you no when that comes out you know you are going to lose a lot off land sometime during the game and it makes a lot harder for you to kill someone.

2,3,4. Mass destruction like armaggedon, wrath of god, and balance. During the middle of the game someone plays one of these and your screwed for five turn until you get something out while the other player recovers the next turn and plays a handfull of stuff

5. Worship. A very annoying piece of crap especially if your playing with any color except blue and/or white.

6.Altar of dementia. A useful card (i use it) but it can get annoying. For example i kill a creature and what a surprise they sac it and i lose the card i have been waiting for for the whole game.

7.creature theft cards such as control magic and treachery. I play the best creature in my deck then i wonder why my opponent didn't counter it then boom they got it and they kill me with my own creature

E

Elrond

1. Diplomatic Immunity on an Ali from Cairo, especially when the guy who plays it usually follows that up with a bubble matrix.

2. Balance, especially if I'm playing green.

3. Ivory Tower with a Library of Leng out in play.

4. Rhox/Thorn Elemental.

5. Multani, if it's not mine.

6. Equilibrium, or Pandemonium in a blue bounce deck.

7. Royal Assassin

A

Apollo

Green: Skyshroud Poacher
Black: Plague Rats
Blue: Time Spiral--cause once you see the spiral, you know what's coming
Red: Mogg Fanatic--one of my favorite cards when I'm playing it, but when it's on the other side
White: Cop: Red
Artifact: Zorb
Land: Maze of Ith

I'm a red player, so of course that influences my decisions.

Apollo

H

Hellion

ALL COUNTERSPELLS!
Worship (wat a sissy card)
Rofellos (wat!? A 4th turn Thorn E!?)
Nether Void (sick card)
Abyss (another sick card)
Ball Lightning (ridiculous damage)

and I reserve a space for:

COMBO DECKS!

*vomit in disgust*

A

arhar

COP RED!!!!!!

You can't imagine how I hate this card. This is the reason I've ever started playing cheesy land destruction. God I HATEEEE IT!!!!! I also hate Ashen Ghoul. But it's not so bad if I have HONOR THE FALLEN. MWAHHAHAHAHA!!!!

G

Gizmo

W: Enduring Renewal
(I`ll just shuffle my permanents back up then, shall I? Only ever used in stupid combo decks)

B: Hatred
(Look, if you hate M:tG that much go and play Pokemon! I want my games to last longer than 30 seconds thank you very much!)

U: Prismatic Lace
(Reap-Lace is the most sadistic deck in existence! My teammate invented the original and still uses it from time to time, I`ve not won a game against it in over three years! AAaaaaargh!)

R: Blaze
(IT'S NOT FIREBALL!)

G: Oath Of Druids
(Ah - I`ve just lost haven`t I.)

Art: Vexing Arcanix
(Okay, so I have 14 Plains, but only 2 Disenchant. If I call for Plains I`ll take less damage but might get my Disenchants milled away and won`t be able to kill the Arcanix and die in the long run. But if I call Disenchant I`ll take damage more rapidly although I`ll make certain I can kill the Arcanix if it doesn`t kill me first.
Hmm...Rock or Hard Place? Rock or Hard Place?)

Land: Library Of Alexandria
(Miss Stevens! My opponent keeps drawing cards - will you tell him, Miss! *sulks* It`s not fair!)

M

Mikeymike

These decisions are primarily based on Multiplayer

White--Congregate. "Uh-hyuk, look guys I just went up 38 life on four mana. Phew, its a good thing I've got this Zuran Orb out". Bring out the firing squad please.
2nd place--Presence of the Master

Green--Rancor. Yes I play it in almost every green deck I own but that doesn't mean its balanced. Its just embarrassing to get beaten down by a BoP
2nd place--Dense Foliage

Red--Wake of Destruction. Nothing is more annoying than having your opponent single you out by destroying ALL OF YOUR LANDS. Real A-holes play it even if it hurts their teammate.
2nd place--Squee, Goblin Nabob

Black--Megrim. This card just should not work in multiplayer, but it does.
2nd place--Necropotence

MOST ANNOYING COLOR
Blue--Ancestral Recall. Do I really need to explain it? Even more annoying when your opponent is running Regrowth, Yawgmoth's Will, Recall and Time Spiral in the same deck.
2nd place--Morphling. The 1st time I saw this card I had about 2 weeks of Magic under my belt, even then I knew there was something wrong with this card.
3rd place--Force of Will. I also voted this my fav. Blue card ever, go figure.
4th place--Bribery. Sure, take the best creature in my deck, thankfully your tapped out. OK I cast Brand, oh Force of Will. Why am I not surprised.

Artifact--Masticore. I hate the phallic kitty. He is one big, undercosted, unbalanced, hard to kill oxy-moron.
2nd place--Winter Orb (insert shudder here)
3rd place--Larry's Disk. Always seems to come out just when you are about to go off.
4th place--Ensnaring Bridge.

Multicolor--Lobotomy
2nd place--Crystalline Sliver

Land--MAZE OF SH!T!!!!! (I apologize for swearing but I really, really don't like this card)
2nd place--Tolarian Academy
3rd place--Library of Alexandria, just because I wish I owned the card and one of my friends owns 3 of them.

I feel better now

[Edited by TomB on July 31st, 2000 at 10:09 AM]

D

Duel

Donate.
Enduring renewal
Ashnod's alter
Pariah
Worship

And, of course ACADEMY RECTOR!

I hate the cheap combos

M

manchot_13

here we go:
rancor (no doubt number one)

and, in no particular order:
Limited Resources
Island Sanc.
Hymn to Tourach
Stasis
Winter Orb
Demonic Tutor (because it always leads to one of the other six)

A

arhar

Presence of the Master....

HEHEHHEE

I used to have so much fun with it!!!1

Best trick is to use it in a large multiplayer game, and hide it under your other cards.

Bob:"I'm playing my Survival/Recur deck... Hmm, let's cast Grave Pact!!!!"

Me:"Ummm..... ok... It's countered."

Bob:"Shut up!" (thinking I'm joking, cause he doesn't see any islands)

Me:"No, really, it's countered."

Bob:"Why?"

Me:"Because you can't cast it... IN THE PRESENCE OF THE MASTER!!! MWAHAHAHAHHAHA"

H

HumanError

Here're my votes...

WHITE: Opalescence AND Replenish
I was playing against a friend of mine in a tournament full of casual decks, and he comes in playing a RoP/Opalescence/Replenish deck. "It's not tournament quality, I swear." It's a freaking Fluctuating Death deck!

BLUE: Capsize
I've had friends put together infinite mana decks just to use this. And I've played against those decks. And I hate this card. A LOT.

GREEN: Blastoderm
Disgustingly overpowered, impossible to get rid of.

BLACK: Yawgmoth's Bargain
Necropotence is balanced. I like Necropotence. Yawgmoth's Bargain is like a drug. "Just one more draw, it can't hurt." All it needs is "When Yawgmoth's Bargain comes into play, draw a card" to be the official Magic: the Gathering crack dealer. "The first one's free...try it, you'll like it...all your friends are drawing cards..."

RED: Jokulhaups
Having seen this run with Ivory Gargoyle one too many times has made me incredibly paranoid to it.

ARTIFACT: Masticore
Ugh. No explanation required.

LAND: Gaea's Cradle
TOO MUCH MANA.

W

Whimsical

Seven most despised cards? Hmmmm ...

Numero uno I guess would be ... <drum roll, please> Mind Twist. There's a reason why this card was one the first ever to be banned from tournament play (besides the fact that it's pure evil) ... think about it, XB = random discard. Coupla racks and your heinie is kaput.

Ivory Tower. In conjunction with Library of Alexandria in a Classic Blue/White Control Freak deck, yick.

Balance. Wrath of God, Armageddon, and Mind Twist all for the low low price of 1W. Jeez.

The Hyppie. 1BB gives you a flying 2/2 with a random discard ability. Much bad mojo.

Whirling Dervish. A one-man nightmare for any black deck.

Necropotence. This card is the only reason I even consider packing in Anvils of Bogardan in my decks.

Hmmm ... all these cards are OLD. <sob, sob> Let's see if there any semi-recent cards I despise ...

Last but not least ... Soldier of Fortune. I hate this guy. No, really. Some perverts put this in a Sligh deck just to drive their opponents buggy.

Killer Joe

1.) Ramosian Seargent
2.) Cowardice
3.) Haunted Crossraods
4.) Blinding Angel
5.) Any of the "Power Nine"
6.) Islands (even though I play Blue a lot.)
7.) Replenish

T

TheGuyFromTheOtherPost

...have to go with this (IN ORDER):

1 - Counterspell
2 - Force of Will
3 - Ramosian Sergant
4 - Hatered
5 - P9
6 - Thawrt
7 - Foil

P

Purple_jester

1) Hymn to Tourach: Where there's one, three are going to follow.

2) Hypnotic Specter: How many times have I lost because this guy hit the table in the first turn.

3) Force of Will: The ultimate blue sucker card. Just when you thought that 0 untapped islands were safe...

4) Wrath of God: I always play creature decks, so this one really bugs the hell out of me.

5) Voltaic Key: Guess how many cards combo with this thing?

6) Worship: As if white didn't have enough cheesy defenisve type enchantments, this hideous thing comes along. At least it can't be used in a creatureless deck.

7) Donate: You can tell that I've been Trixed too many times.

D

Dark Horse

LAND
Yavimaya Hollow- When I kill something I want it dead.
2ND- Rishadan Port

ARTIFACT
Mishra's Helix- More lands than your opponent means you just won the game.
2ND- Tangle Wire

BLUE
1ST-Everything except Merfolk
2ND- Merfolk

GREEN
Rancor- I never bought much Legacy, so when I 9/1 mommy violates me, I get pretty pissed off.
2ND- Taunting Elf

RED
Flowstone Overseer- I play a ton of 1/1''s so it just doesnt seem fair.
2ND- Hammer of Borgadan

WHITE
Parrallax Wave- Game. Set. Match (I have 14 of em ;))
2MD- Mother of Runes

BLACK
Hypnotic Scepter- WTF was R&D on when they made this gem
2ND- Eradicate