• Just not sure, yet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't like it

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I really don't like it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Killer Joe

This may be a bit premature but feel free to answer how you feel NOW about it.

The jury's still out for me but I'm on the nay side.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm between the 2nd and 3rd choice as I've only played in the pre-release, but I'm more leaning towards liking it :)

Ferret

Staff member
Too early to really make a valid call on it yet. I see a lot of cards that can be fun to play and even more cards that could be abused and cause a repeat of "Blue Winter"...

-Ferret

"...keeping an eye on the tourney scene for a couple months..."

N

Nightstalkers

I like it myself. Haven't really seen this many artifacts since Mishra was caught on the toilet and got an inspiration when he looked at the tissue paper dispenser....

Those where the days.

I

Izaryo

looks good but can't say anything yet as it's not in Finland yet...
wait wait wait....

R

rkoelsch

Haven't had a chance to play with it yet but really like it so far. I am getting very anxious. Unfortunately it won't be online til November. MTGO users are second class customers:(

Ferret

Staff member
Originally posted by train
Go figure considering they pay for basically nothing... unless they have complete sets...:rolleyes:
It's true that we pay for "nothing", but we don't have to go to a store and pay sales tax and we don't have to pay shipping and handling through mail order...

-Ferret

"Oh yeah! We can also play in our underwear..."

S

Striking Dragon

I really don't like it. I don't like the setting (tech is overdone), art, overall feel, new card faces don't help much. On the other hand the card mechanics look really good (can't get it balanced, good set, crap background :rolleyes: )

That's just my opinion though....

Look at sig....

M

Mikeymike

There are some abusable cards in this set (*cough* Scepter *cough*), but being that I'm largely not involved in any tourney scene I doubt it will bother me too much.

How it looks to me....
From a competitive side:
I really like the fact that WotC is finally starting to lose fear of the dreaded combo deck. They should be part of the scene but they've largely just made cameos the past few years. Mirrodin changes that with cards like Spellweaver Helix, Proteus Staff, and Second Sunrise. Time will tell exactly how powerful they truly become, but I think having 1 or 2 tier 1 combo decks will be a welcome change.

I LOVE the idea of Equipment in a competitive environment. Creature enchantments are finally good enough to put into a deck, this is a long time coming and I give a hearty Kudos to WotC for new card type, it is extremely well designed.

From a casual side:
Without even getting the cards, there are at least 12 cards that I've read off the spoiler that are going right into current decks.

There are plenty of 'junk' rares that are prodding me to build a deck around, and plenty of 'quality' rares that I want as well.

There are a ton of cool new silver bullets to use for various styles of decks.

Equipment, I love it here as well. Imprint is supa-cool also.

All in all, I'm quite fond of this set. The improved R&D workflow implemented a few years back really shines through in Mirrodin.