Minutes from last night's meeting

B

Baron Sengir

Okay, here is a basic rundown of what went on last night.

-Started out with Just Child and Baron
-Ed joined
-Discussed Newwave's offer
-Baron informed group of the opinions of council members who had contacted him prior
--Child, Ed and Baron all voted for Newwave
-Baron asked about the matching offer from brainburst
--no one had heard anything
-Discussed responsibilities regarding website
-Decided no member should sign any contract with anyone unless it gets full approval from all members
-Child offered to be in charge of contests
-Baron offered to be in charge of public relations and to write a weekly column if needed
-Baron brought up the fact that Igfett is in charge of e-mailing new members now and thought he could maybe do that for the website
-Ed offered to be web guy
-Baron suggested the possibility of giving Ferret a weekly column
-Talked about the situation of having a council member listed as a bad trader
-Agreed that said member should clear this situation up with the rest of the council or action may have to be taken
-interrupted by All_Canadian_Beef_Girl
-Discussed merchandise possibilities semi-seriously
-Discussed a copyright or trademark on the Casual Players Alliance name and logo so no one can take it from us
-interrupted by Kentuckygirl
-lots of profanity
-switched to a private room
-Zadok001 joined
--Zadok001 voted for Newwave
-Zadok volunteered to do a faq / new players section
-Agreed to have Baron write up a mission statement
-Got a list of the Council as: Child of Gaea, Ed Sullivan, Zadok001, Baron Sengir, Young Jedi, Veldrane of Sengir, Dune Echo, Nekrataal and Ferret
-Discussed good reputation CPA has and the importance of dealing with the bad trader problem
-Agreed to e-mail other members about next meeting time
-Adjourned

That about sums it up. If you have any questions, e-mail me, Child, Ed or Zadok and we'll try to answer them

BTW, has anyone heard from Veldrane lately? I wonder where he went

I remain
The Baron
Bride to be of All Canadian Beef Girl

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
We talk about igfett doing email earlier in the chat then we forget to put him in the council list. How ironic...

And I think you should emphasize lots of profanity with Kentuckygirl.. heheh

-mike
"ok, this was a useless post, but oh well.."

N

nekrataal

I'm still not sure what role I can fill in our operations. I would like to do just about whatever needs to be done. If you guys have something, just let me know. I have web experience as well, so if Ed is gone and we need someone to maintain the site, I'm your man.

BTW, I really like the idea of having contests. I think that was extremely generous that NewWave offered us products.

-nekrataal
"till next time, if there is a next time..."

N

nekrataal

Me again,

I was just wondering if anyone thought of putting up casual decks and multiplayer formats on our site? After a while the site will just stagnate a bit, but if we have a lot of submissions from members with casual decks and different ways to play the magical cards, it could be neat. There could be articles on various favorite "fun" cards too.

This would give members something else to occupy their mind instead of the current issues we are discussing. It would also give them a chance to have some of their articles and ideas seen that the Dojo deamed too "non Pro Tour".

Just a thought.

-nekrataal
"...guess there was a next time"

Z

Zadok001

Does this mean we can not have igfett as a founder and still give him work? :)

Just kidding.

And Nekrataal (should I not capitalize that?), I've also been wondering about the deck idea. I think having decklists and casual varients could be really fun... We should try that. It gives me still another place to put my Greater Good deck up. :)

--Zadok001, aka Greater Good fanatic
CPA Member
"We have more sprouts than they have hands."

D

Dune Echo

When it comes to casual decks on our CPA site, I recommend that we allow decks that only use cards that aren't main-stream. What could be more casual? However, it's kinda hard to determine what's main-stream... Damn. I hate being the devil's advocate. Well, maybe no turn six or less kill decks... Any ideas on submission guidelines?

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Why bother with guidelines? If someone has a tournament grade deck to submit they'll send it to the Dojo, not here. I don't really have a problem with a casual deck that wins sometimes too. Winning sometimes is actually kinda' fun. Maybe the deck submissions could be sorted through and grouped together under catagories, like FUN, THEME, CRAZY COMBO, ROGUE etc...

TomB
CPA Member
"I do not teach. I simply reveal."
-Daudi, Femeref Tutor

Z

Zadok001

I don't like that "no turn 6 or earlier kills" idea... Greater Good kills in five or six turns, on average... But I would say it's pretty damn "rouge." :)

I like the idea of simply creating a submissions guidelines that would only accept "rouge" deck ideas, none of this "Improved Ponza Red LD!" stuff. I'd be more than willing to help put decks into print on the CPA website...

--Zadok001, aka Greater Good fanatic
CPA Member
"We have more sprouts than they have hands."

Ferret

Staff member
Has anyone tried sending a solo email to Veldrane?

I like the idea of a weekly collumn... of course, I'll have to be careful not to get lost in nostalgia or going off on tangents... don't want Wakefield to think I'm stealing his material :)

-ferret

"...King of the Casual Fatties?"

B

Baron Sengir

Sorry, sorry sorry!!!

I have you on my list and everything. I just missed you. Sorry!!!

I remain
The Baron

Flogging myself as punishment (and kind of digging it ...)

Ferret

Staff member
In a recent email, Drik2 suggest making a section devoted to strictly theme-based or "fun" decks. I think it's a great idea. We could discuss ways to tune them to make them more efficient or whatever.

-ferret

"...bow before the fury of my Thalid Deck!"

D

Dune Echo

Sorry, sorry, sorry. I think Ferret is right though. I was just thinking that something as slow as turn five or six meant that it pretty much was a casual deck. Of course casual decks can win on turn one... Mana Clash can theoretically win. The chances are just very remote. Hell, I like theme decks most of all anyway.

W

Waubers

I was wondering if I could do something with art, story line and flavor text. I think that these are genneraly overlooked by the masses of the net but in card shops you here people discussing their favorite art and such all the time. As far as the storyline goes I have found that the books for the artifact cycle are quite good and since reading them I get much more from the cards and I think others could as well. By knowing the story line it helps you understand what the thought behind a card was. I would be honored if you would let me maintain an area devoted to such issues or if you would let me give some real input into them.

Thanks,
Waubers

"I've become comfortably numb!" - saga of the pacified creature

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
Blanket statement:
If there is anything you want to include on the website, either email me the idea or an example. If I think it deserves a section (which it most likely will), then I'll add it.

-mike

C

Child of Gaea

Flavor text and art was one of my ideas for contests, and I would appreciate any help and input from you, Waubers. I for one want our site to include all of the fun things in Magic, and everyone has been coming up with great ideas. Most of my decks are theme decks, just because they're fun, not because they are overly effective. Now, Doust needs to get back to us, so the fun can really begin.

Child of Gaea

-"I attack you with my Asian Chen Butt Monkey for 10"