Mindmaster Conflux: Spidey vs Mooseman

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Tails from the evil penny.... I think it needs a recharge.....
Oh wait, BB doesn't have confulx in his google doc yet

I'll need a booster sent......

Spidey: 20
Hand: 15
In Play:

Graveyard:
RFG:

Mooseman: 20
In Play:

Graveyard:
RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think anyone else pays attention to this anymore... start hounding BB to update his doc... :)

B

BigBlue

fyi.... Conflux is now in there, code is CO.

Per the memo from WotC... ALL boosters from Shards on replace a common w/ a basic land, so that's what I'm coding for. (They are the second set in the spreadsheet).

I wish I knew how to make my spreadsheet show only the booster needed... Oh well.

Are you still updating Suitcase Spidey? How are you handling Mystic Rares and such? I just double the regular rares to do it - but I don't have to deal w/ Tournament Packs... (Which I don't believe have Mystics in them).

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I'm still updating Suitcase. I may have to go back and check my numbers from Shards on since there's a basic land included (do you have a link handy?).

I don't really handle the Mystic rares part; I designate which cards are Mystic Rares, but the code that actually handles booster generation is in Suitcase itself and I don't have access to it - in fact, no one really maintains it anymore. I can only specify the quantities of each rarity in a booster so unless there's a consistent way of getting a Mystic Rares in boosters, which I don't think there is, I can only keep the original numbers of 1 rare, 3 uncommon, and 11 common (well, 10 common and a basic land now).

Mooseman, you can pick which expansion to do, this one or The Dark, and we'll just do the other one when we've finished with the first one. :)

B

BigBlue

Could you make extras of the regular rares (similar to what I do?)

As far as the link - it's the original Rosewater article about changes...

http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtgcom/daily/mr334

Change #3: All Booster Packs Will Have a Basic Land Card in Place of a Common
They don't explicitly state how they are doing Mystic Rares, but if you read it and know enough how they print cards you can deduct a sheet has 2 of each regular rare and only one of each Mystic Rare on it.

One "quick" and dirty fix I found for doing the land in the common slot is to simply take the first color symbol of the last card in a pack and make that the basic land type. I guess if it's uncolored you could regenerate a pack.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Could you make extras of the regular rares (similar to what I do?)
What do you mean?

Thanks for the link.

Doing a land in the common slot is easy (I think) - there's a specification of whether to include land in the booster and all I have to do is mark it "yes". So that's not a problem.

B

BigBlue

Hmm. Does that always add a random land? or does it mean you can randomly include land in the uncommon slot (to make realistic & annoying Revised boosters - which I did not include in My generator)

For mystics, I mean add a duplicate of the rare (assign it a different card number if you had too). It wouldn't be "optimal", but it would work.

As an example - not sure how you sort your file or whatnot.

1 Rare 1
2 Mythic 1
3 Rare 2
4 Rare 3
229 Last common
230 Rare 1 copy
231 Rare 2 copy
532 Rare 3 copy

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
FOREST
Tukatongue Thallid
DONE

In Play:

Graveyard:
RFG:

Hand: 14
In Play:

(T) Forest

(S) Tukatongue Thallid (1/1, When Tukatongue Thallid is put into a graveyard from play, put a 1/1 green Saproling creature token into play.)

Graveyard:
RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
BB: I think it just adds a random basic land, but not sure what slot... that code is part of Suitcase and not accessible to me. I'll try it out sometime.

I don't think I can create "dup" rares because it's mainly an inventory program, so only actual cards are included (or probably what everyone wants included). Suitcase just needs to be updated - there's tons of stuff that it needs (handling types and supertypes, new queries, etc).

Back to the game...

Mt
Bloodhall Ooze

Done

In Play:

(T) Mt

(S) Bloodhall Ooze (1/1, At the beginning of my upkeep, if I control a black permanent, I may put a +1/+1 ctr on ~. At the beginning of my upkeep, if I control a green permanent, I may put a +1/+1 ctr on ~)

Graveyard:
RFG:

In Play:

(T) Forest

(S) Tukatongue Thallid (1/1, When Tukatongue Thallid is put into a graveyard from play, put a 1/1 green Saproling creature token into play.)

Graveyard:
RFG:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Bomb dropping on turn 1..... ugh
uu
MT
attack with fungus
block or don't I'm done...

Done

Spidey: 20 or 19?
In Play:

(T) Mt

(S) Bloodhall Ooze (1/1, At the beginning of my upkeep, if I control a black permanent, I may put a +1/+1 ctr on ~. At the beginning of my upkeep, if I control a green permanent, I may put a +1/+1 ctr on ~)

Graveyard:
RFG:

In Play:

(U) Mountain
(U) Forest

(T) Tukatongue Thallid (1/1, When Tukatongue Thallid is put into a graveyard from play, put a 1/1 green Saproling creature token into play.)

Graveyard:
RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I'm not blocking that :)

Untap, upkeep

Attack for 1
Responses/blocks/take it?

Spidey: 19
In Play:

(U) Mt

(T) Bloodhall Ooze (1/1, At the beginning of my upkeep, if I control a black permanent, I may put a +1/+1 ctr on ~. At the beginning of my upkeep, if I control a green permanent, I may put a +1/+1 ctr on ~)

Graveyard:
RFG:

In Play:

(U) Mountain
(U) Forest

(T) Tukatongue Thallid (1/1, When Tukatongue Thallid is put into a graveyard from play, put a 1/1 green Saproling creature token into play.)

Graveyard:
RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Swamp
Rotting Rats, discarding Mana Cyclix
Bone Saw

Done

Hand: 12
In Play:

(T) Mt
(T) Swamp

(U) Bone Saw (Equipped creature gets +1/+0. Equip 1)

(T) Bloodhall Ooze (1/1, At the beginning of my upkeep, if I control a black permanent, I may put a +1/+1 ctr on ~. At the beginning of my upkeep, if I control a green permanent, I may put a +1/+1 ctr on ~)
(S) Rotting Rats (1/1, When ~ CIP, each player discards a card. Unearth 1B)

Graveyard:
RFG:

Mooseman: 19
In Play:

(U) Mountain
(U) Forest

Graveyard:
RFG:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
discarding Court Homunculus
UU
MT
attack with Fungus
response/block?

In Play:

(T) Mt
(T) Swamp

Graveyard:
RFG:

Hand: 13
In Play:

(UU) Mountain
(U) Forest

Graveyard: Court Homunculus
RFG:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Take 1
done

In Play:

(T) Mt
(T) Swamp

Graveyard:
RFG:

In Play:

(UU) Mountain
(U) Forest

RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
No spells? Hmm...

Untap, upkeep - gain a ctr

Attack with both
Responses/blocks?

In Play:

(U) Mt
(U) Swamp

(T) Bloodhall Ooze (2/2, At the beginning of my upkeep, if I control a black permanent, I may put a +1/+1 ctr on ~. At the beginning of my upkeep, if I control a green permanent, I may put a +1/+1 ctr on ~) *1 +1/+1 ctr*
(T) Rotting Rats (1/1, When ~ CIP, each player discards a card. Unearth 1B)

Graveyard:
RFG:

In Play:

(UU) Mountain
(U) Forest

RFG: