Might have cheated

Discussion in 'Rules Questions' started by Nightstalkers, May 13, 2004.

1. train The Wildcard!!!...

now you're thinking...:D
  2. chocobo_cid Thyme Devourer

Then a Hoodwink spoils the day!

:D
  3. Nightstalkers Creature — Nightstalker

Meh, that takes all the fun out of the game. Howabout subing in Mana Leak instead?
  4. chocobo_cid Thyme Devourer

It matters not in a mono blue deck, so who cares?
  5. train The Wildcard!!!...

oh- - it matters... 'cause I'll have mana - or more spells...;)
  6. chocobo_cid Thyme Devourer

Early game in a mono blue deck, there is no effective difference.

Unless there are alternate mana sources in play or a dark ritual or something.
  7. train The Wildcard!!!...

this is me you're talking about...

elvish spirit guide...:D
  8. chocobo_cid Thyme Devourer

9. Homestar Who invited this guy?

wow. you guys are turning me into train (the not liking blu thing). this thread might as well be titled "why blue is the cheapest color"
  10. chocobo_cid Thyme Devourer

Maybe we could get an Admin to do that. :D

Of course, these are on the off-chance that a blue player has these cards in hand.
  11. Nightstalkers Creature — Nightstalker

Well... it did start out as a thread asking about a white and black thing...
  12. train The Wildcard!!!...

chocobo - you can't stifle the spirit guide... it's a mana ability and does not get put on the stack..
  13. chocobo_cid Thyme Devourer

Elvish Spirit Guide - Alliances
    Oracle Text:
    Remove Elvish Spirit Guide from the game: Add G to your mana pool. Play this ability only if Elvish Spirit Guide is in your hand and only if you could play an instant.

That's a mana ability?
  14. Homestar Who invited this guy?

yea cuz it produces mana
  15. train The Wildcard!!!...

It was ruled that way...

The ability is a mana ability. It does not get put on the stack. [bethmo 1999/11/22] (REVERSAL)
  16. chocobo_cid Thyme Devourer

Right...

I was under the (false) impression that mana abilities were ones that were purely constituted by a mana cost, with no T: symbol or sacrifice: or anything. Guess not.
  17. Darius099 TDZK Mod & 3+ Year Player

Blue is very stupid good. But so are other colors.

When I play blue, I run Tinker, Vibrating Sphere, Erratic Portal, Voltaic Key, Scornful Egotist, and Homarid Spawning Bed.

Now that's fun.

~Darius099
  18. Oversoul The Tentacled One

Yeah, mana abilities are those which produce mana...

But I knew this guy whose deck would throw down early Serra Avatars and then sacrifice them to Altar of Dementia. That's a milling engine and it's not blue and I would say that it takes some depth. The deck was not too easy to play, nor was it easy to build a deck that could do that effectively...
  19. train The Wildcard!!!...

It's really pretty simple to build a deck that does it - starting 3rd or 4th turn...;)
  20. Oversoul The Tentacled One

In relative terms, I suppose...

It might indeed be considered "simple" for one as adept as yourself, Train. But for us commoners, such a deck is an accomplishment... :p