Might have cheated

Discussion in 'Rules Questions' started by Nightstalkers, May 13, 2004.

1. Nightstalkers Creature — Nightstalker

2. kriz_riktr Member

That is correct. The damage redirected by the Mirror Strike is still combat damage from Phage and Phage's ability will trigger. it does not matter that he is the attacking player he will still lose.
  3. train The Wildcard!!!...

Redirection is a wonderful thing - unless it's blue...:rolleyes:
  4. chocobo_cid Thyme Devourer

Nothing wrong with a Willbender here or there:D
  5. Nightstalkers Creature — Nightstalker

Good, I built the deck to do that and I thought it sounded right.

I was toying around with an idea and kinda got it to work:

B/U/W Deck
    Play Phage and Donate it to my opponent, then provoke him into attacking so I could use Mirror Strike.

What can I say, he's a weaker player and I built the deck on a dare from him. :rolleyes:

Gotta teach these kids that there is no limit to what you can do if you can just think up a strategy.
  6. chocobo_cid Thyme Devourer

Seriously. :rolleyes:

Most of the kids I see play Magic make some mistakes in just deck construction that I'm all too happy to fix for them, but only if they know how to use the deck after the fix. Of course, some still attack with a pumped-up Taunting Elf when theres a perfectly good Lone Wolf sitting around.
  7. Istanbul Sucker MCs call me sire.

See, that's why ghod made Death Pits of Rath. :)
    Undead Gladiator + Nemesis Mask + Death Pits of Rath = Good times.
  8. chocobo_cid Thyme Devourer

taunting elf + giant growth + death pits is cheaper. But why would you want to do that if you could just go mono blue and use charisma and psionic gift? ;)
  9. train The Wildcard!!!...

because mono-blue requires no in-depth creativity...
  10. Nightstalkers Creature — Nightstalker

I resent that remark.

I painstakingly wittle down a very good, very brainless blue deck into something thats stupid and shouldn't be allowed to play...

Thats why my win condition with blue includes the old Donation + Illusions trick.

Hey, at least I'm being charitable.
  11. train The Wildcard!!!...

I'd like to note, you didn't demise the statement...:cool:
  12. Nightstalkers Creature — Nightstalker

Yeah, but I despise people who play mono-blue just to win. Its too easy...

Why are there not more players like I who enjoy killing people in fun ways with blue? Like... mill someone for 10,000 cards in one turn. That always works nicely.
  13. train The Wildcard!!!...

No offense to anyone - but I can't say a mill engine requires anything in-depth either...:)
  14. chocobo_cid Thyme Devourer

What? What about Traumatize! and Raven Guild Master! And Scalpelexis! and Infiltrate! and...

Oh.:D
  15. Nightstalkers Creature — Nightstalker

Nothing in deep other than messing around for a few turns, pulling out the infinite mana engine, and sticking it to someone for a million cards in one turn.

But you could always play fair and go with a brain freeze and Isochrons Scepter... -pouts-
  16. chocobo_cid Thyme Devourer

Brain freeze, Aluren and Man-o-war works better. Trust me.
  17. train The Wildcard!!!...

see - this is where the tech comes in - arcane lab would be a good friend of thine enemy's!...
  18. chocobo_cid Thyme Devourer

With Counterspell as his bane!

:D
  19. train The Wildcard!!!...

touche - null brooch...:D
  20. chocobo_cid Thyme Devourer

Then the Damping Martix gets tired of Bosh from the other thread and arrives just in time to end that foolishness!

:D