MBC Counter hammer

F

FoundationOfRancor

1 of my favorite decks, and with rethink its worth while.

- 4 Counterspell
- 4 Daze
- 3 Thwart
- 4 Foil
- 3 Hammer
- 1 Alexi
- 3 Seal of Fire
- 3 Cave in
- 2 red avartar
- 3 Earthquake
- 2 Fire Diamond
- 1 Sky diamond
- 2 Misdirection
- 2 Dust Bowl
- 2 Wintermoon mesa
- 11 Island
- 9 Mountain

How it look?

A

Apollo

Hmmm. This deck isn't MBC. Hammers, Quakes, Diamonds, etc. Unless of course you mean MBC6. I suppose that must be it.

Use Rethinks for better counters. Take out Thwarts because Counter-Hammer needs lots of mana in play to function properly. I might go up to 26 land, too.

Apollo

A

Apollo

Oh, and lose the Avatar of Furies. They aren't that great. I'd play with Morphling if you have it. If not, there are still better choices,

Apollo

F

FoundationOfRancor

Whopa, sorry yeah, MBC6. yeah, rethink is a good replacment for Thwart. Morphling isnt in MBC6. What do yall suggest for a kill card?

A

Apollo

whoops. I correct someone, then make the same mistake. I'm a fart smeller, I mean smart feller.

Apollo

C

Cateran Overlord

I would say stick with the avatar, but the deck is mono colored. The firebreathing ability isn't so great when you have nonred mana to replace some red. I would say just hammer them out. Take out the avatars(trust me, they are underrated in mono red decks) and put in one more seal and one more hammer. Then just nuke them into the ground!

F

FoundationOfRancor

- 4 Counterspell
- 4 Daze
- 3 Thwart
- 4 Foil
- 4 Hammer
- 1 Alexi
- 4 Seal of Fire
- 3 Cave in
- 2 red avartar
- 3 Earthquake
- 2 Fire Diamond
- 1 Sky diamond
- 2 Misdirection
- 2 Dust Bowl
- 2 Wintermoon mesa
- 11 Island
- 9 Mountain

Again, thanks for the input overlord! Your all over the boards today! Do you think i should
- 1 Hammer
For a nother land?

C

Cateran Overlord

Sorry, but finals kept me busy. I'm all over the boards again today, I just come by every few hours and check out everything new :)

3 Hammers is ideal for any deck, and you'll never need a fourth one, so I'd just stick with three. I still am iffy on the avatars, but use them if you find they work. I would take out the thwarts for Rethinks, as the U is much easier than UU or returning 3 islands in a dual colored deck. I would recommend Flowstone Slides over Cave-Ins, as you'll have plenty of free counters and the red pitch is very painful. Finally, I'd say Mystical Tutor would work wonders.

And now I'm off to bed as it's rather close to midnight. Ah, thank god for summer vacation! I'll mass post again in the morning!

D

Duel

the problem with the red avatar is that it's based one them having more lands (riight) and you having lots of red mana. Neither is likely to be the case, though you will have alot of red, there are better options.

This deck is very mana-consuming so thwart, daze, and especially foil are marginal counterspells.

- 12 mountain
- 12 islands
- 3 hammers
- 4 earthquakes
- 4 counterspell
- 2 fire diamond
- 2 sky diamond
- 4 crater hellion (great card for the deck)
- 2 covetous dragons
- 4 rethink
- 4 daze (you need them, though)
- 2 Latulla's
- 4 misdirection
- 1 Searing wind

F

FoundationOfRancor

- 4 Counterspell
- 4 Daze
- 4 Rethink
- 4 Foil
- 3 hammer
- 1 Alexi
- 4 Seal of Fire
- 3 Earthquake
- 3 Flowstone Slides
- 2 Avatar of Fury (Still testing)
- 2 Fire Diamond
- 1 Sky diamond
- 2 Misdirection
- 3 Dust Bowl
- 10 Mountain
- 11 Island

MBC6, again.

C

Cateran Overlord

Once again, I'd still recommend Mystical tutor to guarantee a hammer, as once you have it it really can't be stopped. If you're using Alexi, consider using good 'ol Squee, Goblin Nabob. He makes her job much easier, and you don't have to pay extra mana to get him back if you were planning on using hammers to do that.

F

FoundationOfRancor

- 4 Counterspell
- 4 Daze
- 2 Rethink
- 2 Alexi's Cloak
- 4 Foil
- 3 Hammer
- 1 Alexi
- 4 Seal of Fire
- 3 Earthquake
- 3 Cave-In
- 2 Avatar of Fury (Or 2 HEaded Dragon)
- 2 Fire Diamond
- 1 Sky Diamond
- 3 Dust Bowl
- 10 Mountain
- 11 Island

What say ya'll?

C

Cateran Overlord

It's definately better now, but I'd still recommend squee and/or tutors to make sure you have somthing to pitch to Alexi.