May 20, 2019 Banned/Restricted Announcement

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
First things first: 765 weeks, WotC. 765 weeks. That's 5,355 days! Come on.

And now, with that out of the way, on to the meat of the announcement. You know, proponents of Pauper, the worst format, have sometimes tried to sell the Magic-playing public on this format as high-powered, citing the fact that cards unvailable in Legacy, even perhaps restricted in Vintage, are fully legal in Pauper. I'd hear it all the time. "You can't play with Gush and Treasure Cruise in Legacy, but you can play with those cards in Pauper. Isn't that amazing?" Oh yeah, I guess that was back when Treasure Cruise was legal in Pauper. Anyway, now that basically all blue instants are banned in that format, I just want to say...

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha. Neener, neener, neener. Now everything is banned in your stupid format. Your format is such garbage that Invigorate is banned in it, along with all uncommons in existence. Pauper is trash and you're trash for playing it. You suck and now your sucky format is even suckier, which is fitting because it matches the level to which you, yourself, as a Pauper player, suck. Hahaha, schadenfreude is a totally healthy response to this and not indicative of any underlying issues at all. Did I mention that Pauper is bad anyway? Also, Pauper players, welcome to the club of format where Gitaxian Probe is banned for some reason.