Maniac Mogg

Discussion in 'Rules Questions' started by Mundungu, Apr 3, 2000.

1. Mundungu grumpier than ever

I hope I have the name right.

That is the gobling that deals to target player an amount of damage it received.

Under the 6th edition rule how much damage does the mogg actually receive and hence redirects.

Two examples :
    blocking a 5/5 non trample creature
    blocking a 5/5 trample creature

My understanding is that in case 1 it gets 5 damage dealt to it and as such redirects 5 damage
    In case 2 it receives only 1 damage and 4 goes to the defending player (trample).

Am I right ???
  2. Duel Has Less Posts Than Spiderman

You are absolutely, 100% correct.
  3. Gryphonclaw New Member

Confirmation: Yes indeedy
  4. TomB Administrative Assistant

Oh, and I believe it's Mogg Maniac, not the other way around.

TomB
    CPA Member
  5. Chaos Turtle Demiurgic CPA Member, Admin Assistant

>deleted a really stupid post<

[Edited by Chaos Turtle (04-05-2000 at 03:27 AM).]
  6. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

A caveat (is that the right word?) to your last example: though it's trample, it's not automatic that it's 1 damage to the Maniac and 4 to player. It's how many the attacker assigns to the Maniac and any left over tramples to the player.
  7. Zadok001 CPA Founder, Greater Good

Picky picky picky picky... I used that loophole on the old 'How many Scryb Sprites does it take to block and kill a Sengir Vampire with first strike?' question, the powers that be didn't like it... :)

Yes, how much damage is assigned matters, but we can basically conclude that unless your opponent is a ditz, it won't be an issue.

"Lookit me, I can make the WRONG play!"
  8. Mundungu grumpier than ever

So now that I am sure of the rightfullness of my answers why is mogg maniac never played in straight burn red decks (or whatever they are called) instead of the mogg fanatic ?

Once the maniac is on the board the adversary will think twice about attacking with its beasties ? is it not ?
  9. Chaos Turtle Demiurgic CPA Member, Admin Assistant

It costs more and doesn't kill creatures.
    It's not that it's bad, just not as efficient as the Fantastic Fanatic.
  10. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Zadok001: I know, I know... but I thought I might as well cover all bases since it came up....