Magic & Music

D

Duel

I have to know this: does anyone have songs to go with particular decks? I know that my Colossus of sardia/tinker/voltaic key deck runs on the imperial march. ANy others out there?

B

Baron Sengir

The closest thing I have to that is I named my goblin deck The Thrill Kill Kult. My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult is one of the better industrial bands out there. Check out their song After the Flesh on the Crow sndtk.

I remain
The Baron
Most men never learn to like women. They learn to like sex. Liking women and liking sex couldn't have less in common.

C

ChasDen

<<Most men never learn to like women. They learn to like sex. Liking women and liking sex couldn't have less in common.>>

(Picking self up off floor from pain in side from laughing so hard)

Thats the best I have seen all day ! Thanks !

C

Chaos Turtle

<font size="2" color="#FF6000">* Chaos Turtle has never learned to like women...</font> . ;)

Uhm... the music in my head comes from an unknown source, so I couldn't tell you what song goes with what deck.

T

theorgg

well, my banding deck, Train Bandit goes somewhat with "we're a traveling band" by someones or anothers...

except it's "were a trampling band"...

I like it, somewhat... :)

Killer Joe

"Mars, the Bringer of War" from Gustav Holst's Suite called 'The Planets' has always been the theme , for me at least, for the good old 'Sligh' decks of the summer of '98.

D

Dune Echo

Aw hell, you want to play music with a deck, play "Carmina Burana" with any black deck or combo deck. It just sounds ominous. Might mess your opponent up too.

P.S. "Carmina Burana" was in the Doors movie and is more famous for being in the Conan movies. You'd know it if you heard it.

P.S.S. Love the quote too, Baron!

M

Mr_Pestilence

I like Grieg's "Night on Bald Mountain" for any aggressive deck. If you don't know, this is the theme of "the sorcerer's apprentice" from Fantasia.

D

Duel

I used the Night on Bald Mountain for one of my ulikely token decks. I'd use some weird token-makers for black/blue and I kept getting this image of brooms of all sorts running over my opponent.

Z

Zadok001

Andrew Lyodd Webber's 'Requiem' for my Black Control deck has always been kinda cool... :)

"ALW freak strikes again..."

C

Chaos Turtle

Zadok, you are so cool.

How about Pie Jesu for blue control? It's a beautiful thing at first, but kind of slow and really gets on your nerves after a while. ;)

A

arhar

My Kjeldoran Outpost/Icatian Phalanx/Coat of Arms/Unglued Soldier Tokens deck was always associated with "In the Army Now" by Status Quo... if anyone still remembers that band

U

Ura

I have a blue control deck that often ends up with me whistling the theme song to the dating game. And for some reason whenever I play my classic red and green beat down deck I always get the wizard of oz theme running through my head.
Is this normal or am I just insane from being around to many lead miniatures?

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Lions and tigers and bears, OH MY! :D

Whenever I end up playing against a slow deck (or a slow player) I get the theme from Final Jeopardy running through MY head!

Sometimes I even hum along...

TomB
CPA Member

D

Duel

Jepordy is a theme I use as a psyche out when I play counterspell. At the slightest hesitation I smile and start my humming. It gets annoying, but players often panic.