magic invitational

I

igfett

wow, a pro tournament that's actually fun. what a concept. they need to make a pro tour like this. cool formats, design a card as your prize..... i like it. too bad the 16 best players are the only ones who get to experiance it :(

Z

Zadok001

Well, I have to agree with Turtle first off. There's no reason not to start a similar tourney in your own little play group...

As a matter of fact, we have. (Consider this a reminder, Duel!) A few others and I have chosen to bring some of our more crappy duplicate commons together, and do a Limited Crap format similar to that of the invitational, using similarly BAD cards. :) It should be fun!

C

Chaos Turtle

Huh?
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>too bad the 16 best players are the only ones who get to experiance it<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is there some reason you can't play these formats at home or in a local tournament?

Why is it that everyone seems to think that the Pro Tour/Invitational is the ideal in Magic? Who cares if they "make a pro tour like this" if most of us are never going to be on the Pro Tour?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
After last year's Invitational, my group tried to get cards together to do the Limited Crap but couldn't get enough of them to do it! We were too stretched out in card sets to get them all for enough people (I think it was only four people). The thing that probably did it was the inclusion of rares and uncommons though... the majority thought that having all commons would be "boring". :)

I

igfett

i don't have that big a "play group" though. i don't necessarily mean a PT like this, but just a series of local tournies with these formats, like a state championship or something, and then the winners of all the states get invitations to regional versions of it, then nationals, then worlds, all in this format. sounds a lot more fun than straight type 2. anyway, it just sounds like a fun idea. i have a feeling that doing these formats with my 2 or 3 friends who play would not be nearly as fun. one of the best aspects is the fact that you get to design a card as a prize. maybe with the system i outlined, they could make an entire set out of the cards the competitors make up.