Mac?

Discussion in 'Testing Forum' started by Chaos Turtle, Apr 20, 2000.

1. Chaos Turtle Demiurgic CPA Member, Admin Assistant

Ed-
    I\'m on a Mac right now (all the PCs in the computer lab are in use) running IE 4.5 .

The ubb \'bold\' tag seems to do nothing, though it doesn\'t show on on the posted message (like the \'<color>\' tag does, now).

Also using single-quote/apostrophe is bringing up the escape-slash as you can see...
  2. Ed Sullivan CPA Founder, Web Guy

Hmm...

I'm not sure what you mean by the thing about the bold tag: is the text not being bold? or is the HTML showing up (<b>...</b>)?

About the slashes, I've tried to suppress them in the messages and that's working pretty well. I know they're still in the "topic review" part though.

Right now I'm not going to do much more code editing though, because I just got the retail version of the code, and I'm waiting for John, the developer, to send me word about upgrading.
  3. Chaos Turtle Demiurgic CPA Member, Admin Assistant

I meant... the bold is not bold, but the HTML tags are not showing up (as they would if I had used the color tag, for example).

Like it would have been <B>bold stuff</B> instead of bold stuff.

I only mentioned it because I noticed the code showing up for the unsupported tags and thought it would help to know what it's not doing as well as what it is...

(edited to fix a UBB... er, vB code screwup ;) )

[Edited by Chaos Turtle on 04-22-2000 at 03:10 AM]
  4. Ed Sullivan CPA Founder, Web Guy

Hmmm... I'm guessing it was on some old posts, because some weird stuff happened with them. I'll see if I can fix it.