Lucky, lucky bastard! WotC proves again who they're catering too.

T

theorgg

Have you met Mr. Buhler? He's a really nice guy. for the MMPR newwave gave him free entry into the event to do some "gunslinger" magic games. I took the opprotunity to talk to him at the end of the second day when he wasn't too buisy, and he was extremly nice.

I asked him if he saw any loopholes in his 6th ed guidebook, and he said "yes", but stated that he saw no big impact on anything. He also stated another "loophole" is at the beginning step: you don't mana burn untill the end of the draw phase, so things like thran turbine can be used w/ foutain of knowlege or somthing like that(anybody may pay 2 during a draw phase to draw a card).

He seemed to be a nice guy. I am happy for him. I just hope R&D can handle a pro and Mark Rosewater.

oh, isn't there somthing that prevents workers of WOTC from preticipating in tournaments? somthing to do with the future league? Will Buhler's Magic career be going down? I don't know...
If not, he's got an unfair trading atvantage, if so, the future legue just got a lot better at spotting brokenness.

-theorgg
I'm bigger than I think, I think.

N

nekrataal

While Randy may be a decent guy, I still have a negative impression of him due to something he said regarding his finishing at Pro Tour Rome.

On one of the Dojo articles he was pretty much whining about how a "no name" player beat him to a better finish with a deck that shouldn't have won. He was referring to Nicholas Labarre and the fact that he had little Pro Tour experience that he did not deserve to beat him. I mean a little complaining would have been all right, but it seemed like he tore Mr. Labarre totally apart.

That image of Randy has stuck in my head since and I'm glad to see him leave the Pro Tour. Bad sports are something I hate to see in any game.

"Monkeys, Faeries, Gnomes and all things magical!"

Ferret

Staff member
Unfortunately, he's going to work w/ their R&D dept and his favourite colour is the colour of bad sports: blue. I don't see much good coming of this.

I like the idea of players being invited for input into new sets, but I don't like the idea of them getting this much input from just one player. He may be a great player, but there are other great "named" players out there that could provide input into this game we love...

-ferret

"...still, having a rules lawyer in their R&D might prevent future 'waylay incidents'..."

D

Dune Echo

Did anyone catch that Randy Buehler is going to work for R&D? Once again, WotC caters to the pros. Who ever gets to design cards? The pros that win those tours. Who gets hired on out of the masses for R&D? Randy Buehler, who is of course a pro player. And no offense, but I don't like him. If I wasn't so damned upset, I'd give him every stereotyped insult I could think of about him. You can guess blue is going to get stronger from now on. I just hate this BS about how much catering WotC does.
One insult I just can't pass up is what Randy says in his little notification. He says something to the effect of "I'm 27 and I have to start thinking of my career." I'm sorry, but anyone who's 27 and and just now thinking of a career and does nothing but play Magic has got to be one of the biggest losers in the US.
And yeah, I'm ranting, so feel free to ignore this. I just think it's not fair and hell, I have to admit, even with the good life I have now and the future I have ahead of me, I'm still jealous. Lucky, lucky bastard.

------------------
Dune Echo

... Okay, who's next on WotC's VIP list?...

D

Dune Echo

Thanks for confirming my opinion, Ferret.

Nekrataal: He also pleaded a judge to call a draw in his favor once so he could advance and his opponent couldn't. This might be what you're thinking of.

In general, I just think it sucks that pick someone like him, nice or not. He's a pro. Instead of adding another R&D member, they could have started taking input from us, THE CASUAL PLAYERS WHO DON'T TRY TO BREAK EVERY CARD AND JUST PLAY FOR FUN. Is that idea so bad?

Actually, R&D put three or four cards into MM that are just like cards I made up on my own. Cinder Elemental, Crag Saurion, and another which I can't remember right now. As I never posted them anywhere or anything, I know it was pure coincidence, but it's still cool. I'd like to see if they continue with my version of Moxes that restrict themselves!

Still pondering the Baron's use of the term "buttnugget" to show affection...

T

theorgg

tell you the truth, I think they already have enough "casual" players in the R&D.

Unglued, anybody?

I kida hope that Randy finds the broken cards now.

I don't know...

Who is the best known CASUAL PLAYER?

anyone?

lets start a petition on it. demand R&Dhire a casual player.

-theorgg
I'm bigger than I think, I think.