Looking for....

Killer Joe

a common rarity card that has a comes into play effect that says, "When ~this~ comes into play destroy target artifact or enchantment."

I know Cloudchaser Eagle has the destroy target enchantment but are there any that say both?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The only one that's close is Kor Sanctifiers, but you have to kick it

When Kor Sanctifiers enters the battlefield, if it was kicked, destroy target artifact or enchantment.

M

Modus Pwnens

Wickenbow Elder is pretty close to what you're looking for, otherwise it's Kor Sanctifiers or uncommons..

If it's similar effects you're looking for you could also try Mold Shambler..

Killer Joe

Wickerbough Elders
Card type: Creature

Creature type: Treefolk Shaman

Power/Toughness:4/4

Casting cost: 3G

Card text: Wickerbough Elder comes into play with a -1/-1 counter on it.
G, Remove a -1/-1 counter from Wickerbough Elder: Destroy target artifact or enchantment.

Oracle text: Wickerbough Elder enters the battlefield with a -1/-1 counter on it.
G, Remove a -1/-1 counter from Wickerbough Elder: Destroy target artifact or enchantment.

Flavor text: "Living scarecrows make a mockery of the natural order. Dead ones make fine hats."

Artist: Jesper Ejsing

Rarity: Common

or

Kor Sanctifiers

Card type: Creature

Creature type: Kor Cleric

Power/Toughness:2/3

Casting cost: 2W

Card text: Kicker W (You may pay an additional W as you cast this spell.)
When Kor Sanctifiers enters the battlefield, if it was kicked, destroy target artifact or enchantment.

Oracle text: Kicker W (You may pay an additional W as you cast this spell.)

Flavor text: "Why keep such trinkets? They only add weight to your travels."

Artist: Dan Scott

Rarity: Common

These are for my peasant Astral Slide deck. :D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Are you asking which one to use? What fits your colors of your deck already?

The Elders is a fattie while you can potentially get out the Sanctifiers quicker if you're simply using it for the disenchant effect.

If you're trying to use it with Slide, I don't think kicker can work with it so the Elders might be the better choice.

Killer Joe

I'm looking for ways to improve it. I won a 14 player game with this deck. Ask Mooseman.

Peasant Magic - February 2010
I won with my Peasant version of the classic Red/Green/White SLIDE deck. here it is:
Land
4 Mountain
5 Forest
5 Plains
4 Forgotten Cave (cycle land)
1 Smoldering Crater (cycle land)
4 Tranquil Thicket (cycle land)
4 Secludded Steppe (cycle land)
1 Drifting Meadows (cycle land)

Creatures
4 Krosan Tusker (cycling)
4 Teroh's Faithful (comes into play gain 4 life)
3 Cartographer (comes into play return land from graveyard to hand: I return cycle lands to my hand.)
4 Sparkmage Apprentice (comes into play it deals 1 damage to target creature or player)
2 nantuko Tracer (comes into play put target card from graveyard on bottom of library)

Spells
3 Monent's peace (flashback)
4 Hull breach (destroys artifacts and enchanments
4 Renewed Faith (life gainer: 6 life if hard cat or 2 life if cycled)

And the crown jewels of the deck:
2 Lightning Rift
Uncommon Enchantment for 1R
"Whenever a player cycles a card, you may pay {1}. If you do, Lightning Rift deals 2 damage to target creature or player"

3 Astral Slide
Uncommon Enchantment for 2W
"Whenever a player cycles a card, you may remove target creature from the game. If you do, return that creature to play under its owner's control at end of turn."

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Tangentially related to this, do you have an updated banned list for Peasant Magic? I lost interest when I found that everything was horribly out of date, and I think the timing of that was itself quite a while ago...

T

train

Seals of cleansing and primordium are enchantment subs as possible last resorts... (just not triggers...)

Killer Joe

Kor Sanctifiers doesn't work...:(

That's okay because Willowbaugh Elders is a beat stick!
I'm also thinking about replacing Krosan Tusker for Borderland Ranger (sorry train...)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
That's about all you have to choose from KJ.

He did win the game, but what he didn't tell you was that it took some politicing (by me) for him to even be in the game as I pointed out to the table that the player who was pointing at him as the power on the table was gaining huge amounts of life (he always likes to get other to do his dirty work).

On the other hand, I wasn't even gonna play the game, since I didn't have a deck. But, one AK (the player who was gaining the life) told me that there was 2 monster boxes left of mostly common cards that someone had donated to the group and a deck could be made from it..... I told him to pull me out 20 red cards and 20 white cards and I'd add 10 of each basic land and that would be my deck... then I went out to smoke.....
When I came back he had a21 the red cards and about 15 white cards... so I found 4 more white cards and dug out some land.....
Oh, BTW.... KJ had to finish me off to get the win as I almost took him down with direct damage from either Lightning Blast or arc lighting.....

Here is the mostly random deck I played to an amazing 2nd place:

RED:
4 Suq'Ata Lancer
4 Shock (never saw one of these)
3 Primordial Ooze
2 Wall of Diffusion
2 Lightning Blast
Arc Lightning
Balduvian War-Makers
Pyric Salamander
Fire Whip
Kaervek's Torch
Disintegrate

White:
2 Iron Tusked Elephant
2 Benalish Knight
2 Duskrider Falcon
2 Soul Shepard
Mesa falcon
Benalish Infantry
Jamuraan Lion
Daaja Griffin
Trenching Steed
Benalish Trapper
Parapet
Pay no Heed
Aura Fracture
Kithkin Armor
Reinforcements

T

train

Borderland rangers work if you need the lean beef on the battlefield... :cool:

Tusker is just my pref. because I don't have to do it at a certain time, I get to draw an additional card and get land, and it is harder to counter the cycling than a normal spell - not that many would counter the activated ability...

But - with the ranger in and tusker out - does that limit the rift enough to take it out also?...

Killer Joe

@ train: not sure but I'll see what and how the Borderland Ranger helps the deck.

As for the game with Mooseman, well of course there's always 'politicing" and for that, my friend, you're just about the FAIREST politicer I know in Magic.
Thanks!
;)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Killer Joe;289629 said:
As for the game with Mooseman, well of course there's always 'politicing" and for that, my friend, you're just about the FAIREST politicer I know in Magic.
Thanks!
;)
Well, I don't know about fair, but I just thought I had the best chance against slide, since I had direct damage..... the life gainer deck would have been to much for me..... always look out for number one.... :D