log out button on top of forums pages?

D

Demon

Just wondering if it would be possible to have the log out button at the top of the forums pages, instead of the bottom.

Also, could it be there all the time, instead of just on the main forums page?

D

Demon

Okay, so do I have make the suggestion to Ed , or does this count as having done so?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, hopefully this counts as it but if he doesn't respond by the end of the week, I'd say PM him just in case. Ed Sullivan.

D

Demon

Mostly from laziness I suppose, if I want to be truly honest. ;)

Basically, if I've been cruising the forums, and have read my last thread for the day, I'd like to be able to log out then and there, instead of having to go back to the main forums page and then scroll to the bottom and log out.

I'm kind of surprised that this hasn't come up before :confused:

anyway, thanks for looking into it, I'll be curious as to what the end result will be.

cheers!

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
I mean, if you want to be lazy...;)

Or are you someone's alias personna, who they need to log out from so they can log in under their real name?

Inquiring minds are wondering...:eek:

D

Demon

Never thought of that :eek:

Of course, that will only work when I'm done surfing the net entirely. Otherwise, my request remains the same.

And to answer your other question, Demon IS my real name ;)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by TomB
I mean, if you want to be lazy...;)

Or are you someone's alias personna, who they need to log out from so they can log in under their real name?

Inquiring minds are wondering...:eek:
Well, it could be he could be logging in from a public area, like a library or school computers. Remember that time when someone else logged in under someone's name here (forgot who) last year and posted a lot of drek and sullied that person's alias? :)

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
You're right - depending on situations like you described it might be that he'd need to manually log out when leaving the site. My problem, I guess, is that I haven't really had to worry about that sort of thing very much...:eek:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
me either... although I HAVE used the log out feature occasionally when I do log in from somewhere other than work or home :)

D

Demon

Whether I'm at home or elsewhere, I always log out whenever I leave a site that I'm logged into. I guess that also plays into my request.

Am I alone in this behaviour? Must be the paranoia setting in ;)