Lets talk, Vortex

N

Nightstalkers

Psychic Vortex. I know its a shallow card in some ways, but thrown in with trusty B/U and you got some psychic gold on your hands. Most people will not believe that you could really use PV for a greater good, this is a most unbelievable understatement.

First you readdress what our soon to be friend has to offer:

2UU
Enchantment Rare
Cumulative upkeep-Draw a card.
At the end of each of your turns, sacrifice a land and discard your hand.

Thanks to:
Magic Suitcase 7.0 (Build 2)
http://www.perldragon.com

The draw a card is nice but can kill you after a while, thats for sure. We see no need for the end of turn effect that could eventually kill you off just as well. But if you give it to your opponent, there is a good way to change the tables on your unsuspecting foe...

We perscribe a stall/mill/contribution deck. What is this contribution part you ask? Since we are in a giving mood, we'll give you the overly simple plan. First, we get ourselves four Donate's. Donate can be used for just about anything ranging from your average monster with the festering wound to the unwanted "dummy" cards. Donate is the catalist for a lot of the stupid idea's that we might get in the future.

Second, we get ourselves four PV's and four Illusions of Grandeur. illusions gives you 20 life, and takes it when it leaves play. The only real fun thing that the illusions has is its Cumulative upkeep-2. Now let me get this straight, I get 20 and have to pay an increasing 2 mana every turn just to keep it, no way. Yes way my insignificant follower, yes indeed. While you might not like the upkeep, you don't have to pay it unless you really want to, just donate it to your opponent. You get the life, but don't lose it if your opponent desides to stop his payments on your new life.

You can try to kill your opponent that way (lose twenty life you big fat cheater!) or you can just give him the Psychic Vortex instead. Milling him may be fun, but if you just take off two cards every turn, it gets boring very quickly. Even if you use the "upgraded" version of Millstone, Grindstone, you will still be waiting until old people get older to kill off the sorry loser that is sitting before you. We want to make it quick and painless, throw in you lose twenty life or you will mill yourself for 5, then 6, then 7, then 8, so on and so forth.

Just keep in mind that if you have a card that you think is grade-F piece of the crap pie, look at it in another light.

The shadowy figures in the bottom of your coffee, Nightstalkers signing out.