Last laugh...HAHAHA!!!

V

V.L.Sigma

This is my favorite deck, and the most fun to play. It centers around the enchantment Last Laugh, which deals 1 damage to every creature nd player when a perminent goes to the graveyard from play. If I get enough time, I can survive the damage, but usually we both die. Here it is.

Creatures:
4 Plague Bearer
4 Putrid Imp
3 Thrashing Wumpus

Spells:
4 Last Laugh
3 Transcendence
3 Forsaken Wastes
4 Pestilence

Artifacts:
3 Urza's Armor
3 Claw of Gix

Lands
12 swamps
9 plains

Total Cards: 60

the Urza's Armor protects from the last laugh damage, but I want to have a way to make this a single-player deck. If anyone has ideas, they're appreciated.

D

DarthFerret

I would not be me if i didn't mention my favorite card: Sol Ring!

V

V.L.Sigma

I knew i was missing something, and Dark Ritual was it. Sol Ring...maybe. Anyway, I'm trying to use Last Laugh for the win, but it only works in multiplayer, when a lot of creatures are in play. Maybe if I put in some Breeding pits or some other token generator, and vindicates in place of the transendence and forsaken wastes.

J

jorael

Originally posted by V.L.Sigma
I knew i was missing something, and Dark Ritual was it. Sol Ring...maybe. Anyway, I'm trying to use Last Laugh for the win, but it only works in multiplayer, when a lot of creatures are in play. Maybe if I put in some Breeding pits or some other token generator, and vindicates in place of the transendence and forsaken wastes.
Genesis chamber can create a lot of extra tokens. When you let them all die, Moonlit Wake becomes interesting

V

V.L.Sigma

well now...moonlit wake and last laugh counter eachother. with breeding pit in play, i get tokens every turn, and then i play an enchantment to add a little defence, drop a plague bearer, and pestilence when i have enough tokens.

N

NorrYtt

Last Laugh should be used in Multiplayer.

It is, bar none, the fastest way to end a multiplayer game. I think I've seen a multiplayer game last 1 turn at most after Last Laugh hits the table.

D

DarthFerret

yup....Put a Feldon's cane on the board, then Fork a Wheel of Fortune 4 times.....if you are at least halfway through the game, you should be the only on able to draw a card....;)

N

NorrYtt

Sure, you could go through some convoluted way to kill the whole table, but that takes effort.

With Last Laugh, all you have to do is pay 2BB and put it on the table. Unless there's an immediate Naturalize, which I've never seen happen, the game ends very shortly, and the player with the most life wins.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Originally posted by NorrYtt
Unless there's an immediate Naturalize, which I've never seen happen, the game ends very shortly, and the player with the most life wins.
Never? :eek:

T

Tabasco

Infernal Genesis from prophecy might be cool in here. It is in the color. It also puts tokens under your opponents control and that would cause a massive loss of life for your opponent

Infernal Genesis + Last Laugh + Urza's Armor + creature chain reaction = Opponent scoops

N

NorrYtt

Originally posted by Oversoul
Never? :eek:
That's right, never. When Last Laugh the game ends when the next permanent hits a graveyard. Since you're playing black, it's not too difficult to kill a creature in response (happended once). What's more, there's a whole lot of things people can do to inadvertently set it off, like saccing a Fetchland, saccing a creature for an effect, Spellbombs, chump blocking, reset buttons, Fireblast, your own Zuran Orb, etc.

I personally thing Last Laugh is too touchy and should only trigger on creatures dieing, but that would only be 10 damage instead of the 30+ damage it always seems to do.

H

Homestar

heh, maybe, if stuff goes wrong in the deck and you end up having less life somehow when last laff is played, consume spirirt might be good, and, maybe not who knows.

I

Istanbul

See, crap like this is why I play with Disenchant AND Devout Witness in my white weenie deck.

Them: "Last Laugh."
Me: "Okayfine."
Them: "Kill a creature!"
Me: "Disenchant Last Laugh in response."
Then: "Kill a creature in response?"
Me: "Throw a Plains to Devout Witness to shoot Last Laugh."
Them: "You're no fun!"
Me: "Yeah, I know. :)"

V

V.L.Sigma

well, people I've encountered haven't used those cards in a looooong time.