Kevin Chen's latest Dojo article

Z

Zadok001

That's a pity, really. Chen was at least a good counterpoint to us and Wakefield. I didn't agree with him, but I liked being able to find holes in our arguments and fill 'em up.

(Damnit, I keep typing my Sig lines out, then remembering the Include Signature button! I'm gonna give myself carpal tunnel syndrome!)

--Zadok001, aka Greater Good fanatic
CPA Member
"We have more sprouts than they have hands."

Ferret

Staff member
Personaly, I'd like to recruit him. I think it's a good idea that some of us would have differing views. He's good at generating responses...and he reminds me of myself at times...

-ferret

"...Infinite Diversity in Infinite Posts..."

B

Baron Sengir

I for one, would like to have him on board. Not only because we need differing viewpoints like you said, Ferret, but it also looks good to have someone who has been a vocal critic of the group as a member. That may sound a little twisted, but it's true. Plus, he is obviously an intelligent individual. We can't have to many of those in the CPA. I think Chen could really help us if he wanted to. We may even be able to pull a little more weight with a 'big name' guy on our side. I'm gonna send him an invitation tomorrow, I think. Any suggestions as to what I should tell him?

I remain
The Baron

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
Not to be a pessimist (sp?) Baron, but I would think he'd decline that invitation. I mean, he was the one vocal person trying to shoot us down--albeit with kinda bogus reasons (you know, how he missed the point of the whole post
). Hey, you never know though.

Anyway, what to write?
<font size="2" color="#FF6000">* Ed Sullivan re-reads Mr. Chen's article</font>

Magic II.. now there's an idea.

Hmm... ok. Well, you could advertise the CPA more as a club to him--not like we're trying to fix WotC's mistakes. Just a bunch of people, who like to make/play fun decks. Not super-metagamed, 60 rares. Just useless rares, commons, and stuff like that...reminds me of some of the e-league tourneys I've seen on IRC (T2 rares banned, Homelands-Exodus-Legacy, etc.)
..Just come and talk about casual Magic, but don't forget to break out the commons box!..

Hey! I like that saying!

On a side note, I'm making UBB format look a little nicer. Wow HTML seems so easy compared to perl!

-mike
...I think I'm an obsessed UBB "hacker"

Ferret

Staff member
I think it would be a great idea to have him w/ us. He would give us a look from a guy that's totally given up on the game - and he hates VIth Edition as much as we do...

-ferret

"...of course, we'll have to hide this thread from him..."

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
Heh.. I must have added the option "delete thread" just for him then.
... I'm suprised it might actually come in handy.

-mike

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
You guys may be right about trying to recruit him, though I doubt he could join us after some of the things he has said, and believed, about this concept. He'd have to take all that back (at least, to himself) before he could even think about it.

That you guys would actually wish to actively recruit him says to me that you're really classy people, and I'm proud to be associated with you.

It is sad that he quit. It's seems really ironic to me, though, that the guy would dis us for joining together, then quit the game for some of the same reasons that were the catalyst for this!

Pretty funny, huh?

TomB
CPA Member

[Edited by TomB (10-05-1999 at 10:20 PM).]

"I do not teach. I simply reveal."
-Daudi, Femeref tutor