Juggernaut

O

orgg

Sigh. I paid $10 for two of these guys seven years ago. Now they're coming out as Uncommons and going down to fifty cents...

Am I mad? Not really-- Now I can get four more, and even more than that!

Sadly, the other two went up in smoke when I gave AEtherficer its funeral(R.I.P., AEther Storm's Usefulness).

Now, I know it works with the varient of Fangren Firstborn, but I'm thinking more... Like some form of evasion. Green has things that'll give it trample, Blue gives flying(or flat out unblockability), Black can give it shadow, Red gives it haste, and white gives it Banding and First Strike.

Where to go after that, I'm not too sure, anymore. A year away has left my mind less focused on the game, and I just can't think of oddball things to do with a giant artifact creature anymore.

R

rkoelsch

Didn't they reprint Invisibility? That was the old combo. But of course you would have to play blue and who would do that? :D

N

Nightstalkers

I would certainly play blue if it meant that I would beat Habuki again... Nevermind, I'll get done with my virtual project whenever I can get back into the system and challenge him to the game of his life.

Literally, the end of his life! I'm one evil SOB when I try to be.

Nightstalker Exterra

M

Mikeymike

It seems to be a nice teammate for the Modular creatures, though you would need some form of evasion (most likely equipment based) in order to fully capitalize.

But Rooser is 100% right. You don't need to combo Juggernaut in any real way because he is a threat in and of himself.

rkoelsch, they kind of reprinted invisibility. There is a new common Equipment in Darksteel (3CC, 2EC) that gives a creatures unblockability and untargetability.

T

train

All of us older players need to look at this in a different light - a lot of newer players want older cards...

I have older juggernauts - they're willing to trade me 1-2 decent rares for them, because they are older...

I make out like a hog, and can get all the uncommon ones I want from the new set...:D :cool:

works like a charm...:)

R

Rooser

No, Mikey, they actually reprinted Invisibilty in 8th edition.

But yeah, trying to combomabo Juggy with anything is a little silly. He's a creature with more power than mana-cost, and he's all colorless. That's what makes him good. There are very few combos you could do with him that wouldn't work well on any other agressively costed creature.

R

Reverend Love

I find myself agreeing with Rooser and Mikey quite abit. Great minds must think alike eeh?

Juggernaut isn't a combo card not even in the slightest. He's a setup/support card. You either:

A: Setup the board to increase juggs chances of hitting every round

Ex. I'll caste Devastating Dreams for 5. No respones? I'll float 4. Dreams resolves, I'll play Juggernaut.
B: Slap a juggernaut down quickly followed by some type of supporting action. Bouncing creatures, some type of disruption be it hand or land. Again something which increases the Nauts chances of touching someone.

Juggernaut is an outstanding aggressive creature. One I believe often overlooked.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
An excellent kill creature, Juggernaut is cost-effective, potent, and highly evasive. Juggernaut's greatest strenght probably lies in its colorlessness. It can be and is used in a variety of decks using numerous colors or the lack thereof (Masticore shares this advantage). It is good because it is very hard to block, hits for five, and at four mana can arrive very early in the game. Its inability to block (because it must always attack) is a perfectly acceptable price to pay for a 5/3 with an evasion ability that only costs four mana. Juggernauts biggest weaknesses are probably its dual nature (artifact/creature, vulnerable to more removal spells), its toughness (lightning bolt range, but not too problematic other than that), and walls. Most people don't play walls. Few of the ones that do use walls that a deck relying on Juggernaut can't handle, making it a suitable choice for many decks.