Joven's Ferrets

E

Ephrils

I LOVE these little guys.

Set:Homelands Rarity:Common
Joven's Ferrets
Cost: G

If declared as an attacker, Joven's Ferrets gets +0/+2 until end of turn. At end of combat, tap any creatures that blocked Joven's Ferrets. Those creatures do not untap during their controllers next untap phase.

1/1

------------------------------------------------------

That's the old wording. It's still quite fun though, as a first turn drop not many people expect to see a 1/3 that can pin down defenders. They've gotten through many times just because the player refused to block them. They're quite remarkable, after seeing their creatures tapped, some people won't even block them with things like Shivans, due to the fact the Shivan can neither attack nor defend the next turn.

See? homelands got some good cards :p Including this probably obscure now, common.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Well, put a lure and a gaseous form on the little rodents and they can be downright annoying.

Ransac, cpa trash man

K

krichaiushii

A friend once had a R/G beatdown deck featuring the ferrets. They are nasty little cards...

How closely related to squirrels are ferrets? They might end up in my squirrel deck...

I

Istanbul

Ferrets are mustelids. Related more closely to otters.
Squirrels are rodents. Related more closely to mice.

L

lilpinhead

i live in the city and the squirrels here are downright vicious, those lil b*stards will come right into your house and go in the fridge for your leftovers...

M

Mikeymike

I like them too, and they are extremely overpowered for 1 drop creatures. Imagine if green was good during Homelands? I bet everyone would have played them.

Try these guys with Yavimaya Hollow/Broken Fall and Lure/Lull as Ransac mentioned. Its best to make them big somehow so they HAVE to be blocked...Blanchwood Armor, Rancor (shivers), Gaea's Embrace and even that Planewalker's Favor card.