Izzet Chronarch/Mark of Eviction

Discussion in 'Rules Questions' started by Rakarth, Jun 11, 2006.

1. Rakarth New Member

Can I enchant Izzet Chronarch with Mark of Eviction? I should hope so, but the real question is, "At the beginning of your upkeep, return enchanted creature and all Auras attached to that creature to their owner's hands."

If I were to enchant any creature with Mark of Eviction (Enchantment - Aura), the way I read the card is that all the auras including Mark of Eviction return to their owner's hands. So I can use Mark of Eviction again?
    If I do this to Izzet Chronarch I could repeatedly fetch instants and sorceries out of the graveyard as long as I return and then play the Chronarch using Mark of Eviction?

Thanks, Rakarth
  2. orgg Administrator

Yes. Since each of those cards is in your hand when Mark Of Eviction triggers during the upkeep, you may play them (assuming you have enough mana avaible).
  3. Rakarth New Member

What would happen if the Izzet Chronarch is returned to my hand by another means before the Mark takes effect, will I lose the Mark or does that come with me as well?

Thanks, Rakarth
  4. Jigglypuff Big Cute Pink Thing

You would lose the Mark of Eviction. The Mark only bounces itself if it uses its own ability to return the creature.

(- Steve -)
  5. Nightstalkers Creature — Nightstalker

Yeah, once a permanent that's enchanted is removed from play (either to the graveyard, to the hand, out of play, etc.) then all enchantments and effects on it will have no target to attach to and do a swan dive for the graveyard.
  6. Rakarth New Member

Just another quick question.

Is there any way of stopping Petrahydrox's triggered ability that returns him to your hand when he becomes the target of a spell or ability?

Because I was trying to use Tidal Visionary to change his colour so he could attack and then kill Yavimaya Barbarian (who has protection from blue and I think Petrahydrox counts as red and blue) when he blocked but when I did this I was quickly reminded that I had just evicted my creature from the field to my hand. I was not impressed :( .

Thanks, Rakarth
  7. EricBess Active Member

Yeah, you have to counter the triggered ability. Voidslime I believe does that, as does one other card that was printed a while back, which I don't remember the name.

Your best play, however, is not to play Petrahydrox.
  8. Limited Yes, but we won't care

Hey? Didn't I respond to this question already?

Anyway, the other card you are looking for is Stifle (from Scourge)