Its "new", its from WotC, and its "japanese" SO GET YOUR KIDS HOOKED!!!

N

Nightstalkers

Wizards of the Coast, our lovely friends who brought you such great things as Magic: The Gathering as well as the blunderful price hikes involved around that, have this great (kill me now) new game called Duel Masters.

Viewers of the hit television show in japan will be in awe as their favorite TV card game comes to a town nearest them! :D

You can find the mall tour schedule here: http://www.professional-events.com/DMMallTourHome.htm

Okay, that part above is mandatory so that I don't get in trouble. This next part is my patented cynical opinions and views of this craptacular... :eek: I mean, wholehearted attempt to appease children of all ages. (Whew... close one...)

Duel Masters looks to be, in essence, a melding of the original WotC hit Poke'mon and a little Magic: The Gathering (I'm stressing the word "little" here). Basically, the game revolves around 5 colors (Fire, Darkness, Light, Nature, Water) and I'm quite convinced that they even have "universal" things that'll go with any color (Artifacts anyone?). By this game I see an attempt at a stepping stone type of game for children to get into, then later on progress towards such games as Magic: The Gathering.

As a side note, I'd like to say that M:TG is a bit harder than most of you might think. I'm still constantly irritated by people who sit around and build weenie decks and "specialize" (self proclaimed title none the less :roll: ) in weenie decks. Now I don't want to put too much hurt into this when I say... Well, how should I say this... You... no, thats not it... IF ITS WEENIE IT HAS TO HAVE A POINT!!! Okay... no I've said it... You can't throw in a bunch of creatures and expect it to come out right. People, please, I know how you guys all like to pick on the people, but these kids need to learn more strategy and less "I found a deck online and daddy bought me all the cards" kinda crap.

Sorry d*** netdeckers... (ignore this...)

Anyways, its a stepping stone type of game meant to appeal to the younger audiences and to give them a little skill into the game while making it fun. Now I'm not going to shout out which game this particular CCG rips off from *cough* YUGIOH! *cough*...

(Whew, Spidey, I think someone let their pet in here...)

But the fact still remains, its a "good" game to keep your kids interested... I guess... Well, the marketing tests were inconclusive, so have fun :D

Your friend in the anarchy business,
Habuki Arcana Kuragari
Nightstalkers Inc. Operator

N

Notepad

Dude, are you blind or something? They clearly say over and over again on MTG.com that Duel Masters ccg is merely Portal IV.

Simple as that. nyuk

N

Nightstalkers

Originally posted by SeFRo
Dude, are you blind or something? They clearly say over and over again on MTG.com that Duel Masters ccg is merely Portal IV.

Simple as that. nyuk
I resent that remark, Portal 2 was good.

Official opinion of Duel Masters:
Great game that should be tried by everyone :)

Unofficial opinion:
Hey, at least they make great table coasters :D

M

mythosx

I resent that remark also. I liked portal three. And that is the only acknowledgement that my people are ever going to get from Whities of the Coast.

N

Notepad

Originally posted by mythosx
I resent that remark also. I liked portal three. And that is the only acknowledgement that my people are ever going to get from Whities of the Coast.
Rumors are that Kamigawa block, though primarily Japanese, has some Hindu and Chinese influence. If that is true, your Chinese self should have tons of fun with the bastardization of your culture for purposes of selling more cards to anime fanboys. ;)

Myself, I'm still waiting for my Mexican block. I want my friggen pinatas already! :D

T

train

Atebeans - the special ability for the mexican block...

atebeans - whenever this creature attacks, all other creatures become tapped...

"What was that smell..."
"Horribly nauseating..."

M

mythosx

hahahaha....messed up train...

It looks like this new game is completely whacked out. The most powerful mechanic in the game looks to be card drawing. Which ever color or faction has the ability to draw the most cards will have the most power in the game. Any spell may be used as resource instead of what ever it is. Kind of ghetto.

T

train

ghetto - the gangsta ability in the hood block....

ghetto (whenever this creature is put into a graveyard from play, you may put a neutral-colored bandana token into play, treat this token as a 0/1 neutral-colored bandana with banding)

"Unity in the hood - The colors were strong... but no colors were stronger..."

C

chocobo_cid

word, bro. we gonna ride tonite, my little homey kenny died tonite. shindig in the hizzizzouse.