Istanbul's Trivia Contest, Rd. II!

I

Istanbul

That's right! I've finally sat down and gotten together a cadre of questions to start Round 2 of my contest.

Don't worry, all the old point totals will carry over.

The question for today is:

You are staring down a Skyshroud Behemoth that is going to attack you for the kill. You are playing a red-green deck, and have no permanents in play except for three Mountains and four Forests.

You must get rid of the Skyshroud Behemoth with the three cards you have in your hand, or lose.

BUT!

There's a problem. None of the cards in your hand contain any of the following words:

"damage"
"combat"
"attack"
"return"

And none of them are artifacts or creatures.
To make matters worse, it is currently your opponent's main phase!

How will you successfully kill the Skyshroud Behemoth before it kills you?

(Hint: Your life total is unimportant, as is your opponent's, except in the sense that if the Skyshroud Behemoth successfully hits you, it will kill you. Your only goal is to kill his Behemoth. And no, you can't wait until it Fades away.)

You have until Tuesday to PM me an answer.

ADDENDUM: D'OH! I *knew* I'd forget something after all the time off. The following words aren't contained in any of your cards either:
"destroy"
"bury"
"remove"

I

Istanbul

And I quote:

"To make matters worse, it is currently your opponent's main phase!"

I

Istanbul

(Okay, it's a little late. Sue me.)

This question must be answered by Friday, 1:00 pm CST.

What cards correspond to the following old-school nicknames?

Tim-On-A-Stick
Tim-On-A-Ship
Roy
The QB
Ross Perot
Cap'n Picard
Sam
Benny

I

Istanbul

This question must be answered by Tuesday, November 21st, at 1:00 pm CST.

Each card of the Power 9 (Black Lotus, Mox Emerald, Mox Jet, Mox Pearl, Mox Ruby, Mox Sapphire, Time Walk, Timetwister, Ancestral Recall) has had its effect exactly reprinted on another card of the same type.
(Another artifact that produces red mana when tapped, for example, or an artifact that you tap and sacrifice to add three mana of any one color to your mana pool.)
Two of the cards in question have additional costs, and one has an additional effect, but they all do what the previous copy did.

There is, however, one odd-man-out. One card among the Power 9 has never had its effect truly reprinted. Which one is it, and what are the counterparts to the others?

E

Elrond

The odd man out is Ancestral Recall.
The counterparts for the other's are:
Moxes: Diamonds and Ramosian parts
Lotus: Lion's Eye Diamond
Timewalk: Time Warp, and Magistrate's Scepter
Timetwister: Diminishing Return's, and Time Spiral.

E

Elrond

Sorry about that. I had meant to pm it and I didn't realize that I had hit the wrong button, I feel really bad.

I

Istanbul

*casts Smite on Elrond*

This question is null and void. Sorry, folks. The correct answer WAS Ancestral Recall.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Elrond: For future reference, you should be able to edit your post to spaces or whatever to "erase" the answers.

E

ErinPuff

When're ye gonna post th' new question, Isty?

[me]chants "I WANT TRIVIA! I WANT TRIVIA!"[/me]

F

fuzzy510

You guys are wasting your time! Istanbul probably won't post here again.

[me]STILL waits, just for the hell of it.[/me]