Isn't this the decks section?

S

Spart

For a deck section we seem to be rather short on decks. Having WAY too much time on my hands I've decided to do my part to get the creative juices flowing.

Cluster Burst:
4 x snake basket
4 x llanowar elves
2 x greater good
4 x deranged hermit
4 x saproling burst
4 x birds of paradise
4 x wild growth
4 x fecundity
3 x scent of ivy
3 x ashnod's atar
20 x forest
4 x gaea's cradle

I'm not quite sure what the deck does, but I bet it does something.

Tigger Deck:
4 x cowardice
4 x iron maiden
1 x viceling
4 x tangle wire
3 x predator, flagship
2 x karn, silver golem
4 x enlightened tutor
4 x jolting merfolk
2 x thran dynamo
4 x grim monolith
4 x voltaic key
4 x adakar wastes
4 x kor haven
9 x island
7 x plains

All I can say is bouncy trouncy bouncy trouncy fun fun fun fun fun!

Deranged Negotiations:
4 x deranged hermit
4 x birds of paradise
4 x llanowar elves
2 x taunting elf
3 x stampede driver
4 x elvish lyrist
4 x raging goblin
4 x furious assault
3 x kyren negotiations
4 x saproling burst
12 x forest
7 x mountain
2 x karplusan forest
3 x gaea's cradle

This is a fun little deck (although I don't quite know how it's little since it meets the sixty card minimum like all the other decks). With a good draw it can be reltively quick, and the direct damage to the head is suplemented by decent big green defense.

To the Head:
4 x final fortune
4 x acidic soil
4 x seal of fire
4 x shock
4 x faultline
4 x earthquake
4 x flame rift
4 x scent of cinder
4 x landslide
20 x mountain
4 x dwarven ruins

Well, there's not much that needs to be said about this one. Just notice the usefulness of landslide followed by an acidic soil for the kill.

Flameship:
4 x flame rift
3 x faultline
4 x earthquake
4 x worship
3 x security detail
4 x academy rector
2 x seal of cleansing
4 x disenchant
4 x enlightened tutor
4 x mother of runes
4 x ghitu enchampment
4 x forbidding watchtower
4 x mountain
4 x city of brass
6 x plains
2 x kor haven

Try it, you know you want to.

R/W Control (for lack of a better name):
2 x raging goblin
3 x wall of junk
4 x mother of runes
4 x disenchant
4 x exile
4 x ring of gix
2 x hammer of bogardan
3 x cessation
2 x shivan phoenix
3 x faultline
4 x earthquake
13 x mountain
12 x plains

This deck I really like. It has lots of answers to many different threats, and you have to love the slow, agonizing kills which are possible with the deck. I put it together before nemesis but it'll probably be strengthened by kor havens and perhaps a few seals of cleansing.

Tutor Cluster:
4 x saproling cluster
4 x fecundity
4 x ashnod's altar
4 x enlightened tutor
4 x vampiric tutor
4 x birds of paradise
4 x llanowar elves
3 x dark rituals
2 x blaze
1 x snake basket
1 x unmask
1 x heart of ramos
4 x plains
5 x forest
7 x swamp
4 x city of brass
4 x brushland

This is a version of a deck I have been developing with caveman (psychotic tutor), among others. Some versions use enchantress, some e tutor or v tutor, or in the case of this one both tutors. I find with this version the combo (first three cards listed) goes off more often on turn 4 then in previous versions of the deck, however it seems to be more prone to doing nothing if the combo doesn't make it out by turn 4 or 5. Also, the mana base is still a bit rough, but usually works if it's not against too many ports.

Tangle Helix:
4 x tangle wire
4 x goblin welder
4 x tinker
4 x gamble
2 x mishra's helix
1 x crumbling sanctuary
1 x phyrexian processor
2 x phyrexian colossus
2 x monkey cage
4 x thran dynamo
4 x grim monolith
4 x voltaic key
9 x mountain
7 x island
4 x city of brass
4 x crystal vein

A tinker deck, but it can use tangle wire to slow your opponent until you can tinker/goblin weld/cast a biggy. My personal favorite win is with ape beatdown!

Extended Mogg Covenant:
4 x mogg maniac
4 x fire covenant
4 x treacherous link
4 x demonic consultation
3 x vampiric tutor
4 x mox diamond
4 x fireblast
4 x shock
4 x duress
13 x mountain
8 x swamp
4 x badlands

I originally posted this deck on the dojo after caveman asked me to work on the idea. It has consistent turn three kills (and even some turn two) as long as you can keep at least one life point ahead of the opponent with the burn cards until the kill. It's bad memories of channel - fireball all over again!

Well, that's my attempt to get people here thinking and posting decks. I hope you enjoyed these ones and I'd love to hear any comments!!!

Q

Quill

Thanks a lot for the deck ideas. I was begining to wonder what was going on with the board. One question (for now) what is a saproling burst? I can't find that card on my Magic the Database software. And it updated to Mercadian Masque. Thanks again for the post!!

K

K1

Quill, its a nemesis card

Saproling Burst
4G Enchantment, Rare
Fading 7
Remove a fade counter from Saproling Burst: Put a green Saproling creature token into play. It has "This creature’s power and toughness are each equal to the number of fade counters on Saproling Burst." When Saproling Burst leaves play, destroy all tokens put into play with Saproling Burst. They can’t be regenerated.
Illus. Carl Critchlow (113/143)

I noticed three predators in one deck as well which are also nemesis cards. Given its legendary status, is it worth putting three in though? I personally never stick in more than two legends in a deck to avoid dead cards during a game. What do you people think?

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
I agree, K1. I usually don't use more than 2, and sometimes THAT's 1 too many.

But it depends on the deck. One of those Squee thingies really needs 4, because the whole thing doesn't work nearly as well without him. Same thing goes for a Karn setup, with big artifacts.

That this one uses 2 of them either means it has lots of options, or it's twice as likely to have dead cards.

Maybe even both in the same game :) .

Oh, and Spart, please try to keep in mind that the board is pre-set to only show the threads that have been posted to within the last 20 days, I think. If you click on the dropdown menu and select a less restrictive option (like Spiderman did) you'll see a lot more stuff.

I hope you like it!

TomB
CPA Member

Q

Quill

Thanks TomB..I never noticed the option to scroll the time back..lots of reading material now :)