Internet Explorer 7.0 Beta

D

DarthFerret

Ok, I just downloaded this today, and it seems to be working much faster and more streamlined than the previous version. It utilizes in window Tabs, rather than opening several extra windows (It can still do that too). Now I am only having one difficulty, and if anyone else is using this and can help me out, that would be great. It states that to open up a link in a tab, rather than an seperate window, you either need to click the third mouse button, or hold down ctrl while clicking. My problem is I do not have a three button mouse, and the ctrl + Click does not seem to work correctly. Anyone have a clue?

Tag Guard

S

sageridder

I haven't tried it yet, have you tried pushing down on the scroll wheel?

D

DarthFerret

Egad, you are a genius. That is what worked, although it tried to tell me popups were blocked unless I hit ctrl, however, the second tab came up anyway. Thanks man. By the way, I am really liking this new browser. I had almost switched over to Firefox, but now I can keep this one going. I will post any bugs or anything I discover (good or bad) here for anyone who is interested.

Tag Guard

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
I converted our new machine over to IE7 the other day, then discovered I could not use the screens my online school uses with IE7...And Windows wouldn't allow me to reinstall the older version when I tried to reverse the process, leaving my only option to be reverting the drive if I had to get rid of the new version.

Luckily I usually use our older machine to access my classes, so I didn't have to revert the drive...Good thing I noticed it before I updated IE on my older machine...;)

L

Limited

For me, there is only one browser: FIREFOX!

But tabbed browsing has finally reach IE.. I was wondering how long that would take.

T

train

Still waiting for the final version to use it... Not much of a test user for windows apps - they tend to have issues..

T

train

It's always better to wait in my opinion... Especially with some of the issues mentioned above...

Even when Beta Testing there are changes before the final release - so the testers are going to be using the newest stuff right off the bat anyhow...