Ice Cave Deck.

• Thread starter Force of Will Smith
  • Start date
F

Force of Will Smith

I have no idea why people badmouth ice caves. I played against an amazingly cheesy one a long time ago.

It didnt have dual lands or anything..
it ran
birds, quirion elves
reef shaman

and now we have
orochi leafcaller, paradise mantle and joiner adept, as well as pulse of llanowar..

I still know the guy so ill see if he can remember what was in it.
i remember it was so damn cheesy, no one would play it...
i think mana maze was also a part of it..

Orochi Leafcaller
Joiner Adept
Birds of Paradise

Ice Caves
Mana Maze

ill see what he put in it.
Also, putting overcosted creatures that cant be countered is just wasted space.. the idea is that youre the only one who can counter spells... since you have all the mana...

L

Limited

I played it a couple of times, and you never have enough mana to keep four other people from playing spells. So, you need a way to get some defence into play that can't be countered.

I am curious to see what his wincondition was...

F

Force of Will Smith

Enough mana open for four people??!!! the deck was meant for 1 on 1.

L

Limited

We play multiplayer almost exclusively, which why you can't really go for a lock down of all players.. but it does give a lot of opportunity for politics ;)

F

Force of Will Smith

very true... you could have nothing.. but youd hold onto life with your caves. Every land you play is a force spike

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Limited said:
We play multiplayer almost exclusively, which why you can't really go for a lock down of all players..
You can't really do it with Ice Cave. But if you meant that you generally can't lockdown everyone in multiplayer--I have seen it done with Winter Orb, Smokestack, and Zur's Weirding...