I request a small favor

turgy22

Nothing Special
I have a small real-life favor to ask.

A local eye surgery business is holding a contest giving away free LASIK surgery. My wife entered the contest, submitting an essay about why she should win the surgery. Anyone can log on and vote for their favorite essay and whoever receives the most votes will win.

Here is a direct link to the essay.

While I'm not overly impressed by my wife's essay, I think she deserves to win. She's needed vision correction for about 20 years. Glasses give her migraines. Contacts hurt her eyes. I don't usually ask for favors like this, but I'd really appreciate it if everyone who reads this could take the time to vote and maybe pass the info on to any friends.

Thanks a lot!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Voted.

Man, your wife sounds like me. Got glasses in second grade also and my vision is terrible (I think both eyes are like -10.5 right now). I had to stop wearing contacts because of an astigmatism also in my left eye.

B

BigBlue

Sort of Ironic to me you live in Reading PA... :)

I voted for hers as well. Good Luck!

My dad also has astigmatism and poor vision... He didn't wear glasses - so now he has a crazy eye which sort of looks wherever it wants... it's just spooky, you never know whether he's looking at you or not as one eye focuses while the other darts around...

I was just lucky I guess, I've never had any vision problems - although I'm starting to think it's time to get my vision checked after 20 years of working in front of a monitor.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You should always get it checked!

But working in front of a monitor shoule be okay if you take breaks every hour and look at other things and stuff...

turgy22

Nothing Special
Thanks guys!

I have bad vision, too, but it's never bothered me too much. Last time I had my eyes checked, they found an astigmatism and the contacts really are uncomfortable. So I just went back to wearing my glasses full time, which doesn't really bother me.

E

EricBess

Okay, I voted...I thought Lasik didn't work on very poor vision. Of course, that was a while ago and I'm sure the technology has changed since then. Good luck.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Voted..... bad vision sucks.... I always had 20/10 vision until age caught up with me..... now I have reading glasses......

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Voted.

I'm quite nearsighted, but thankfully no other eye problems and glasses work just fine for me. They don't make my migraines worse or anything like that. My biggest problem is trying to keep the frames from breaking.